DXB Eid drive on Friday

All reports about trips and events
Gabor
Marshal
Marshal

DXB Eid drive on Friday

Post by Gabor »

This morning we gathered at Badayer shop only with three drivers. Serkan reported an engine fault so we started without him. During the briefing we agreed, the turnback point will be the Iftar bowl.
Some of the piramide peaks was conquered, practiced the straight crests, side slopes, easy side crests also. There were some conwoys inside but we could choose an empty track, only one times stopped due to traffic. We found very nice untouched areas also. At the Iftar bowl we ran to the top, stopped for a short time than turned back to the end point. On the back way also practised some sharp step up with side crest mode.
All in all Emre and Engin did a very good job, they were positioned to second lead and sweeper also.
The pace was an easy, enjoyable smooth flow, we practiced the self recovery and only one pull out.
See you soon in the sand!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yellow JK

Kayra
Marshal
Marshal

Re: DXB Eid drive on Friday

Post by Kayra »

It was one of the best drives I had. Sorry that Serkan couldn’t join due to the breakdown of his car. We were looking forward to drive with him. Hopefully we’ll do next time.

As we were a small group, we had lots of practice on side slopes and side crest passings. I got stuck twice. Once self recovered and the other time SandSailor(Emre) pulled me out. We also did cresting in some easy areas.

I also felt my new Hurricane cold air intake certainly increased the power of my JKU up a notch. I was able to climb all high dunes at my first attempt.

I like Gabor’s committment to safety. Like Sai, he is eager to teach. He takes time to analyze the position and have a lessons learned each time we have a situation.

Always a pleasure to drive with my bud, SandSailor.

I had a very enjoyable morning drive. Thanks guys.

Engin
Engin
LC71

SandSailor
Marshal
Marshal

Re: DXB Eid drive on Friday

Post by SandSailor »

A great early Eid morning drive thanks to Gabor and Engin. Sorry not to have Serkan due to an engine failure, will make up next time!

I appreciate the car and the desert as well as conditions and capabilities with each drive more. Intermediate is where the maths start to add up. How car behaves where, how sand behaves if soft or hot etc etc. All variables like speed, momentum, tork, direction as well as the upgrades we have made along the way (reinforcement, skid plate, cold air intake etc) come into play.

Lots of practicing and learning thanks to Gabor (once again: the man of few but wise words). Picking up right path for climbs, when/how to side crest, analysis of goods as well as not so goods, were all part of good chats of the morning.

On my account a couple of second tries, a couple of good decisions, one recovery practice and a lot of learning with fun.

I think the only bittersweet thing was that I lost the “one wheel up” pose to Engin this week 😜

Thanks again for the great morning drive and see you all on the sand soon!
Emre 🏜⚓️
SandSailor
056 312 2200
Wrangler JKU