DXB-practicing on technical dunes for newbies 15may

All reports about trips and events
Gabor
Marshal
Marshal

DXB-practicing on technical dunes for newbies 15may

Post by Gabor »

The technical dunes means, Al Qudra area. Small and low mid size dunes but crawded and full with ditches. Sai devided the group to two conwoys, one for intermediates and pre intermediates, led by Hani, The other group for newbies but everyone has several drives, no Anit. This group started with marshal Sai and sweeper Ramesh. I was the second lead. The track was tricky as predicted, with some second tries and stucks. One popout ended with wheel replacement due to valve damage, recovery with sand fountaine.๐Ÿ˜€ After some time Sai asked me to lead and that means, we turned back to the start point. This way was also full with fun, some second try, but everyone reached the exit without issue.
All the drivers did their job well, including support team also.
The summer is coming, the temperature rises very quickly.
Keep it in mind, have enough water, refreshment with you.
See you soon!๐Ÿ˜œ
Yellow JK

Gabor
Marshal
Marshal

Re: DXB-practicing on technical dunes for newbies 15may

Post by Gabor »

The track what the newbie group drove.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yellow JK

Sue Nge

Post by Sue Nge »

First time joining AD4ร—4. Thanks Sai for offered me to join intermediate group, I was wanted to see how newbie technical drive will be. Lovely track, great efforts to help us understand the offroad techniques, as well as wonderful team work to help each other. I did some mistake where I was too close to the car in front then lost momentum or fish tail while waiting. Great refreshed and learning. Thanks the team!

Vampires60511
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Vampires60511 »

Thank you sai ka for the wonderful drive . Enjoyed the fun drive in the technical dunes.
Thank you Gabor and Hisham bhai.. for all the support.

Thank you all..... Hope to see you for more drives ๐Ÿš—๐Ÿ’“

Sai27
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Sai27 »

Good lead Gabor... It was not an easy or straight track... Everyone practiced technical drive yesterday .. Getting stuck or pop out is part of Qudra.. All terrains are different...
Great team .. Another quality time spent with you guys..

Stay safe.. God bless..
SAI
JL- COMRADE

โ€œHe knows what is in every heart - 67:13โ€

Hammerhead
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Hammerhead »

This was my second drive at Al qudra , first one was my first ever ANIT which didn't end up well as i punctured my radiator and got towed out for 3KM so getting back there was a bit exciting ๐Ÿ˜… ... though i did drives that had a bit of technical dunes , but by far nothing matches this drive when it comes to understanding the concept of being precise with accelerator and steering, and understanding the difference in terrain between badayer and qudra sands which i suffered a lot with seeing the tracks of 2nd lead car due to white sands color ... Also learned how much time a recovery and pop out can take ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ and how important basic tools can make difference ... also fell in a small ditch and got stuck 2 times ,, but was glad to learn more on how to get unstuck using the FJ A-trak which helped me go out following our the awesome marshels/leads advice without needing a recovery.
P.S. i really enjoyed how hard this trip was and i know it will always be a good day when i see Saiโ€™s and Gaborโ€™s cars ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
Omar Ali
+971526711164
FJ Cruiser