Sweihan Advance drive with JustAhmed 21/05/2021

All reports about trips and events
JustAhmedo
Marshal
Marshal

Sweihan Advance drive with JustAhmed 21/05/2021

Post by JustAhmedo »

The trip was supported by Marshal Kevin Petro (Big thanks)

Experts: Thomas (MyTommi), Rene (TheBaron)
Advance: Ian (Ianzki), Matt (Matts), Christophe (Christohe) and John (Cantaloube) as Sweeper

We all met at Sweihan gate 12 for deflation. We had two cancellations.
After conducted safety briefing and after setting the convoy in order, we started playing at the big dunes next to gate 12. I stopped for a minute to observe how everyone is cresting after the first medium dune. We continued playing in the big dunes but at slow pace and taking it easy since the weather was extremely hot (48degree's).

We then crossed the 1st gatch road headed east towards nagrah in which we went and played around some nice dunes on the way.
Christophe then discovered a minor issue in his tire and had to be changed to spare. Thanks for the team work, it was done quickly.

later we crossed the 2nd gatch road and then we started playing in the big dunes until we reached nagrah by 6:15pm were we played at the small dune next to nagrah. The weather dropped to 40degress so we watched the sunset on a high dune behind nagrah with a cool breeze like it was never summer.

We took the easy way out and inflated at BBQ point. We covered total of 53km in 3hours and 30 minutes.

All did very well handling their trucks. Ian and Matt made good decisions on when to turn down and both did very good pushing their cars on big dunes and cresting. Christophe and John did great as always.
Unfortunately, it was Christophe last drive. Wish you all the best and hope to see you soon.

Thanks everyone for joining and big thanks to Marshal Kevin for supporting, John the best sweeper for keeping me updated on whats happening behind and for the Experts for watching over the convoy.

Stay Safe. See you next time,
Ahmed.
You can shake the desert sand from my shoes, but not from my soul

Just Ahmedo

petro
Marshal
Marshal

Re: Sweihan Advance drive with JustAhmed 21/05/2021

Post by petro »

Great job Ahmed on the lead, you did very well in all regards. Excellent trip report as well!

We are sad to see Christophe is leaving after only really getting started with AD4X4 in January.

Petro

Matts
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Matts »

Thanks for the trip Ahmed. Marshal Kevin for the support and advice. It was a really hot afternoon. But all in all it was a very good trip, enjoyed a lot with an awesome group of guys.
Christophe it’s sad to know you’re leaving. Wish you all the best.

Ianzki
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Ianzki »

Thank you Ahmed for leading the convoy. The choice of track are very nice and challenging for me 😄,even with the scorching 🥵 heat everyone enjoyed the trip.
Thank you also for Kevin, John, Tommy and Rene for guidance and looking after us.

See you all next time 😎😃
Last edited by Ianzki on Sun May 23, 2021 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LIFE GOES ON
:ad4x4: :bye2: :rin: ::mgun:
Ian Dilag FJC

Mytommi
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Mytommi »

"temperature dropped to 40°C..." :D

Thanks Ahmed for the nice trip. Very well done! Pleasure to follow you.
Sorry to say Goodbye to Christophe.

The Baron
Explorer
Explorer

Post by The Baron »

Thanks for organising and leading the trip, Ahmed. It was a good track, which allowed the drivers to practice climbing and creating - and a very thorough trip report 😅 All drivers did well.

CANTALOUBE
Marshal
Marshal

Post by CANTALOUBE »

Thanks ahmed, it was great and worthy of a future leader l, the choice of tracks, the rhythm, everything was good.
I look forward to seeing you on the sand.
The movie of the release is coming soon
Jean

Christohe
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Christohe »

thanks ahmed for my last trip, the pace and tracks were great.
I appreciated that you let me choose my place in the convoy. It was one of my best trips.
you are a very good leader.
I wish you and everyone the best.