Sat Newbies in Badayer

All reports about trips and events
Cannonball
Advanced
Advanced

Sat Newbies in Badayer

Post by Cannonball »

We all met on time at Badayer shops. As agreed I handed all the Intermediates and advanced over to Sinan, to take them on an intermediate trip.

My drivers where:

Abdullah Rain (2nd Lead)
Sri
Chiara
My Support crew: Dayana, Gabor and Hercules

We started easy and slower, then we had a break and a second briefing and I increased speed and dune height after having a feedback round with the team.

We drove till 18.00 without any major incident, just a few recoveries. At the end I planned to watch the sunset near Badayer shops on top of a dune. When I drove up there I heard a loud noise and when I came over the crest i saw car which has just rolled over.

I stopped the convoy in a safe place and Fadi, Dayana, Abdullah, Gabor and I went to help. Nobody was injured during the accident.

We used my car to put the rolled Jeep back on its wheels and pulled it to a flat area to fix one pop out.

All that was done in 30 minutes. As soon as we were sure the car was in a safe spot and able to get out of the desert, we left and I took the gatch to exit to Badayer.

A lot of thanks to my support, who all did an amazing job and helped the newbies get around and Abdullah for his awesome second lead.

See you in the sand
Cannonball
---
Jeep JK 2016

Marcolino333
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Sat Newbies in Badayer

Post by Marcolino333 »

Tks for the great day, very nice driving experience.

Cannonball
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Cannonball »

You are welcome, sorry I forgot to mention your name at the top. My apologies 🤦
---
Jeep JK 2016

Hercules
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Hercules »

Marshal chris
Thank for nice afternoon trip it was so good
Thanks for sens of responsibility when you stop your trip and help people you never meet them before to recover they rollover car and you didn't leave before make sure they fine and in good condition .
Real marshal and Real Leader

SINAN
Marshal
Marshal

Post by SINAN »

As cannon ball mentioned

I took the lead of 2nd convey of intermediate drive .

My drivers as per convey order are Engin , Sunset, Shishani

We started slowly at 1515 from badayer shops .and increased the level once the drivers get their confidence and adjust with the drive track .

We had high dunes , slide slopes and steep decent ,

We perform a recovery , chain type of 3 cars and a pop out .

We met our newbies group on the way back and offer the assistance, our team was already engaged and ready to roll the car back on wheels .

We reached badayer shops around 1830 with high spirits and as feedback from drivers they experienced new challenges met their expectations.

Thanks for Shishani as a support driver , and many thanks to Engin as 2nd lead and Sunet the challenger .

Sinan

subrsrini
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by subrsrini »

Hi Chris,
Thanks for having me on this excellent drive. It was fantastic.
Thanks to Abdulla ,dayana, Gabor & Hercules for helping me out on the 2 occasions I beached on the crest and numerous tips to help me self extricate as well as use my fjc way better than how I was driving.
Super day.
Thanks again to yourself and your team for that super effort to rescue the overturned jeep at the end of the drive-just goes to show the comraderie in the desert and the helpfulness to those in distress even if they are not in our drive.- kudos and well done👏👏👏
Thank you again
Regards
Sri

Kayra
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Kayra »

I was in Sinan's Intermediate group.

It was a very fun drive. We did drifts, side sloping, side cresting with switch, steep climbing and steep descent. We had one pop out and two snatch recoveries. We were heading to do some side sloping in a bigger dune when we came across the white JK on its roof, with Chris and his support marshalls trying to put it back on its wheels. It was an impressive show of effort by our club members to help recover the white JK, which made me realize once again that I am hanging out with the right guys.

Sunet was really impressive with her Jimny. She did struggle at times to cope with the more powerful engines in the convoy but never gave up and performed remarkably well. Shishani was so well in sweeping and looking after us to ensure our safety. Also special thanks to him for the videos. I really enjoyed this drive as Sinan's second lead. He started slow and increased the pace as we felt more confident.

Thanks to the fellow drivers for making yesterday's drive a safe and fun one.
Thanks to Chris, Sinan and the support marshalls (Fadi, Dayana and Gabor) for the demonstration of safe and humble support to the drivers in distress.

I really enjoy driving with you guys.

Engin
Engin
LC71