Take your morning coffee and let's chill out - DXB

All reports about trips and events
Abdoo
Marshal | Safety
Marshal | Safety

Take your morning coffee and let's chill out - DXB

Post by Abdoo »

after spending the night in the desert enjoying the priceless weather, i was there at badayer shops to meet the intermediate convoy who moved prior to mine, and by 6:45 am, all met at badayer shops.

ANIT briefing was done by my self, whereas newbie briefing was handled by Sinan, and once done, we set the channel and headed inside as follows:

Support:
- Sai27 (Marshal)
- Sinan (Explorer)
- Atari (Explorer)

Lead: myself
Second Lead: Cesme
Sweeper: Sohail

1- RickSpeight
2- Jock63
3- Afham88
4- wmxace
5- Anshifhyderyaseen
6- Marcolino333
7- Shakeeb7
8- umer_r

smoth track started to get our first timers familiar with what desert driving is all about, whereas the more experienced drivers are being traned how to keep an eye on other convoy members, and once we had no struggle while driving, we started to head to small straight crests in which second lead followed the track very nicely and hence the whole convoy did very well.

second tries, and two belly stucks, thats all the time we had to stop, otherwise drivers did perfect, including our first timers who showed a very good confidence and rule-based driving.

by 10:00am, weather started to heat up, then we decided to move back to cevilisation and to meet our intermediate brothers once again.

one more highlight worth noting that i noticed a very good and organized communication during the track among myself as lead, second lead, sweeper and support, big thanks to the advise Marshal Sai gave in the begining of the trip, and second lead - Sweeper and convoy adhearance.

we all came back with a big smile, and hoped to meet again next week which im pretty sure we will.

Thanks and see you all in the sand soon
It is never too late... Get up and buy a Jeep!!!

Abdo 0503020314

wmxace
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: Take your morning coffee and let's chill out - DXB

Post by wmxace »

Great feedback.

Afham88
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Afham88 »

Was a great trip. Really enjoyed it and nice route by abdoo

Jock63
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Jock63 »

Where to start!!!!!

Firstly I have to say that the ANIT briefing was excellent. Clearly laid out how we can enjoy Off Roading but at the same time be safe. In addition the insight into the equipment we needed was very useful.

The help that I received from the other people in the group when it came to deflating the tyres and just getting prepared was amazing, so thanks to all of you that helped me

The route itself was fun and as a first time (In my own car) driver in the desert I found it difficult enough to be fun but give me a few "moments". I'm sure the more experienced drivers are laughing at that comment ;o)

What I found great was the camaraderie between everyone there and as I said before the amazing support that was given by the more experienced drivers

Can't wait for the next one. Oh wait that's this Friday. WOOHOO !!!

Abdoo
Marshal | Safety
Marshal | Safety

Post by Abdoo »

Thank you for your nice feedback.

Indeed it's my pleasure to have you all cruising in my trip, and I'm glad you all enjoyed it.

As long as you all came back safe, active and with a big smile, then the trip achieved what it is all about 🙏
It is never too late... Get up and buy a Jeep!!!

Abdo 0503020314

Sai27
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Sai27 »

Good weekend start with néw and old friends. Excellent support team who made sure the team get in & out from desert safely. I enjoyed following your lead Abdo. See you all on next drive..

Stay safe.. God bless..
SAI
JL- COMRADE

“He knows what is in every heart - 67:13”

Cesme
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Cesme »

Thanks first of all to Marshall Abdoo,

It was my second encounter with him as in the first one I did not own a Jeep yet and he was the one who made me think of going for a SWB which I did. Despite little sleep from camping overnight, he was humorous and supportive as usual.

In our trip we had some quite a bit of a mix with experienced newbies and first timers (hard to believe they are). It was my first experience as a 2nd lead, and learned a lot. Rick was behind me with a perfect distance and he followed the exact track, which helped a lot to the rest of the convoy so we had no major challenging moment throughout the drive.

I finally had the chance to use my recovery gear that I proudly bought, a very good rated AOR rope and soft shackle, although not exactly as I was dreaming since I was the one being pulled! Great performance from Peter who did an excellent recovery job - that must have felt a crash course!

Thanks also to SAI for his confidence in me taking second lead and also to support team Sinan and Atari. I will need to keep on learning from you guys in future trips.

Finally congrats to Afham and Shakeeb who have been both promoted to the next level right after this ride, making it an outstanding trip overall!

See you soon & take care
Bertan