easy morning newbie drive-dxb with Abdoo

All reports about trips and events
Abdoo
Marshal | Safety
Marshal | Safety

easy morning newbie drive-dxb with Abdoo

Post by Abdoo »

First of all i would say welcome back Chief Bulldozer, you were missed alot in DXB.
-----

at 6:30am, we met all at badayer shops, full of enthusiasm and energy, along ith intermediate warriors wiuth Sai, and Advanced with Mustafa.

Safety briefing was done by me, then we set the convoy which was a big one, and started out with a record number of Support marshals ( 4 marshals )

Lead : Abdoo
2nd Lead: Bertan
Sweeper : Abdallah

Support:
1- Tilki: Marshal
2- Bulldozer: Marshal
3- Carlo : Marshall
4- Ihab : Marshal
5- Atari : Explorer

- Nahla
- Jock63
- RickSpeight
- Dsmereczynska
- Ozzy
- umer_r
- wmxace
- dintojoseph
- wmxace
- 4x4er
- Shoaib
- kalhasan

started by warming up on easy area, and straight cresting over small and plain dunes, all drivers showed the required confidence and displine considering the fact that the convoy was a big one.

once i was positive that drivers are going well, pace was increased gradually, to hit medium crests and technical ones (which badayer is full of), and i got to admit, not a single mistake of the drivers.

after having a break with turkish tea by Tilki, and Signature coffee by Bulldozer, we practiced some assending and descending over medium dunes and all went well.

by 9:30 am, we had our last break and drove our way back to badayer shops where we once again met the other convoys and trip came to an end there.

Highlights:

1- Bertan: we can count on you in 2nd lead position, you gained the skill quickly
2- Abdulla: as usual, your support is valuable being the eye on the back on the convoy
3- Nahla was ready to be an intermediate driver already, perfect control
4- impressive handling and driving by convoy members (especially the ones i met the first time: Dominika, Anit, and Ozgor)

needless to say, marshals have been the backbone to hold such a big convoy together, thank you all

Stay safe .. Abdoo
It is never too late... Get up and buy a Jeep!!!

Abdo 0503020314

Cesme
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: easy morning newbie drive-dxb with Abdoo

Post by Cesme »

What an all-stars event with so many orange t-shirts around... It was a smooth, friendly drive with many enthusiastic newbies and smiling faces. Thanks to Abdoo for honoring me with 2nd lead task again, happy to hear your kind words about the improvement.

I had the pleasure to do snatch recovery I was dreaming for long, and thanks to Nahla for being patient as we were all excited with Bulldozer`s appearance and got a bit distracted by then. It was a great advice from Marshal Tilki to try this two-step pull from the more difficult front side of the stuck vehicle. I am so happy with the rope, strong and adequately elastic, gentle on the chassis, worth the slight premium paid over its likes in the market.

Interestingly so many other off-roaders around still in the middle of the summer heat, looks like this hobby is gaining traction in UAE. Hope they all pay attention to safety as we do here in AD4x4 groups, something never compromised here.

I will be out for quite some weeks as I am travelling to Cesme (my nickname, and also my summer place in Turkey - let me know if you are around!), and I will miss all the fun in the next few trips but definitely will be looking forward to seeing you all soonest.

Till then have lots of fun - Stay safe, stay foolish!

Bertan

Ozzy
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Ozzy »

Thank you Abdoo and the support team for organizing such an enjoyable Friday morning trip. The dune tasks, people, coffee and tea made the whole thing a great experience. I look forward to doing many more trips with all these wonderful people. :-)

Özgür

4x4er
Advanced
Advanced

Post by 4x4er »

It was great to get back out with you guys! Thank you for a wonderful experience.

My first time in the sand with the Y61, and I learnt so much!

Now waiting to register for the next trip :)

Jock63
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Jock63 »

Another great drive and an opportunity to meet more fantastic people.

Can't wait till next weekend

Ihab
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Ihab »

Thank you Abdoo. Trip was very well organized and it was lovely gathering with our members.
looking for your next trip soon.

Ihab

tilki
Marshal
Marshal

Post by tilki »

Thanks Abdoo,
Thanks All fellow drivers,
Thanks All support team.
:ad4x4:

wish to meet again soon...
tilki.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

4x4er
Advanced
Advanced

Post by 4x4er »

Some pictures taken by my friend and passenger from this drive :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.