Early Bird to Khatim

All reports about trips and events
Mytommi
Marshal
Marshal

Early Bird to Khatim

Post by Mytommi »

This trip from Sweihan to Khatim in the early morning of the 9th of July was organized by Marshal Michael (EmDoc).
As we were 10 drivers in total plus Michael, the trip was split in 2.
Michael asked me to lead one group under his supervision and the other group was taken over by Marshal Thomas (tompa-bjorka) and Expert Ahmed (JustAhmedo).

Our group was:
Support: Marshals Michael (EmDoc) and Borja (Bomolino)
Lead: Expert Thomas (Mytommi)
Advance Drivers: Geoff (Geoff101), Shajumon (Ayfas), and Subhash (Subhashpk)

After splitting the group and a safety briefing we headed right in to the dunes. We were warming up with a couple of second tries making sure we did not run into the track of the other group.
We came across a number of bowls, the first highlight of the trip was the “burnt car” bowl where we also met the other group. Our advance drivers impressed us here with good handling of speed and momentum and everybody made it up to the top at the first attempt. Next was “kidney” bowl where we had a lot fun too.
Later into the drive I was caught between a dune and a barbed-wire fence. However, with support from the whole team we managed the situation and I got out of this unpleasant situation with no harm.
From here we made our way to the deflation point and finished the trip with no further issues.

It was a memorable early morning drive with a few stucks and numerous second tries. Many thanks for the support and advice from Michael and Borja and a “well done” to our advance drivers.

Thanks
Mytommi

EmDoc
Marshal
Marshal

Re: Early Bird to Khatim

Post by EmDoc »

Thanks Thomas for a well crafted track and your demonstrating how to handle a 'near fence experience'. A good morning out, good fun.

Ayfas
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Ayfas »

It was a very pleasant morning with a super track under the lead of Thomas with an impressive support from Borja under the supervision of the great Michael. We had all kind of experience and a wonderful trip. Thank you all for making it a day. Thank you Michael for all your advice and support.
Regards

Shajumon.
Ayfas - Offroader. A proud AD4x4 Member.

ossme
Marshal
Marshal

Post by ossme »

It seems that I’m missing a lot! 😁
Proud to be Ad4x4 Marshal. :)