Easy Advanced Drive - Eid Treat

All reports about trips and events
Abdoo
Marshal | Safety
Marshal | Safety

Easy Advanced Drive - Eid Treat

Post by Abdoo »

what a great trip this was, totally different and full of fun.

myself, Kayra and Mustafa met at 6:30 am (Magdy was no show) and after the necessary briefings, we headed in like there is no tomorrow, myself being in lead, kayra,and mustafa in the back.

we realized that windy weather of the last couple of days wiped almost all tracks, sharpened all crests, and brought our drive to a whole different level, where we sterted to shave every side crest we faced.

on iftar bowl we had a break to let our engines have some rest, and had a quick chat, then we headed out towards super bowl where we practiced everything possible there, even long slope which is done and controlled very well.

afterobserving that no issues at all appeared on our track, i brought up the level to be more technical towards madam - showaib dunes where the fun was doubled, Kayra was following the trach in a way made me very comfortable about him, and given the fact that i got a trusted expert in the back, we letirally didnt leave a single side crest without putting AD4x4 mark on it.

on our way back i decided to give the lead to mustafa and to put myself as a convoy member and enjoy the show (track was already amazing) mustafa headed us out in a technical advanced track all the way out towards shops.

its worth mentioning that we faced another group in the desert who had a bad roll over, and as one desert family, we stopped by offering help and making sure everyone was safe.

Kayra: you are showing an impressive control and driving like a true advanced driver, keep it up.
Mustafa : it was a pleasure getting such a trusted eye in the back, and personally i enjoyed your track on the way out behind your lead.

its been long since i made my advanced trip, and here we go, the theme of the trip "Technical - Side cresting - Even more technical)

thank you and see you all in the sand soon , hope Kayra enjoys his leave back to turkey.
It is never too late... Get up and buy a Jeep!!!

Abdo 0503020314

Kayra
Marshal
Marshal

Re: Easy Advanced Drive - Eid Treat

Post by Kayra »

This drive was indeed an Eid treat. Thank you Abdo for opening this drive at my request. I enjoyed it so much.

It was a fast paced drive all the way through. We started from Badayer Shops at 6:40 and went all the way to Iftar Bowl pretty much straight with no second tries. Windy weather of the previous couple days have accumulated lots of powder on the side slopes. Mustafa and Abdo explained to me the basics of drifting and what to do to avoid getting stuck or having a roll over. I had plenty of practice on my drifting technique during the rest of the drive.

From Iftar Bowl we headed to the Super Bowl and for the first time I managed to climb the superbowl confidently all the way to the top. We made few trials with Mustafa on the vertical climb and drifting at the Super Bowl before we headed towards the technical dunes of madam.

On the way back to Badayer, Mustafa took the lead. I think I had three second tries while trying to cope with his elite driving skill on top of the dunes. Close to the Iftar Bowl we came accross a rolled over JK, which was being recovered by its teammates. The car was badly damaged but I couldnt have the time to take a picture. Around 09:30 we finished at the Badayer Shops.

This drive made me one step more connected with my car both in throttle control and steering. I reached the Badayer Shops with a big smile on my face and lots of sand under the hood.

Once again thanks to Abdo for opening this trip for me. Thanks to Mustafa for joining, leading and contributing in my training. After my Int drive with Sai tomorrow morning, I will leave Dubai on 24th Saturday and wont be driving in the sand for a month until I return at the end of August. This Eid treat helped me to stock up enough excitement to keep me going for a month.

See you guys after the holidays.

Engin
Engin
LC71

MustafaHabash
Marshal
Marshal

Re: Easy Advanced Drive - Eid Treat

Post by MustafaHabash »

Thank you Abdoo for announcing the trip. Was much needed after couple of days of Eid duties.

Engin your skills are sharpening with each and every single drive. Keep it up my friend.

Regards,
Mustafa
Black Mamba