ANIT / Newbie Trip at Sweihan PM 22 July - Trip Report

All reports about trips and events
irfpk
Marshal
Marshal

ANIT / Newbie Trip at Sweihan PM 22 July - Trip Report

Post by irfpk »

We all met at Sweihan BBQ point at 1600, except two members. Thanks John for letting us know in time that you got late at border and unable to join trip. Other member “Lowell” no show ( Pls inform the lead if you are late or unable to join). I conducted trip / safety briefing and formed convoy order.

The participants were as follow:
Irfan (Lead Marshal)
Kamran ( Expert) Support
Osmme ( Expert) Sweeper and Part Lead
Osama, Ameen, Dinto and Thomas (Newbies)

Convoy formed in sequence and moved at 1630. Ameenkvs ( Newbie) was my second Lead. Thanks Ameen for very solid second lead. Since there were no ANITs, we started with newbie track and headed towards Nagra while practicing straight climbs and descents on small and medium dunes. At 1800, suddenly my car started misbehaving. It was revealed upon checking that transmission cooler pipe leakage. Passenger in Osama car took lead in repairing the broken pipe and fixed leakage. Thanks Hassam ( if I remember correctly your name) for your efforts. However, we had to leave car in desert for refilling transmission oil and abort our trip. I gave lead to Ossama ( Expert) and he took us out to inflation point at 1845. Later, we ( myself, Ossama and Kamran) recovered the car and headed home safely at 2200.

All members did well and learned newbie level skills. Thanks everybody for joining my trip and looking forward to see you in future trips. Special Thanks to my support team Kamran and Ossama for your extraordinary support. This trip would not have been possible smoothly without your help.

I will post pictures of trip on club website shortly.

ossme
Marshal
Marshal

Re: ANIT / Newbie Trip at Sweihan PM 22 July - Trip Report

Post by ossme »

Thank you for the nice trip! 👍

Sorry about your transmission, I hope it is a small issue that is easy to fix.
Proud to be Ad4x4 Marshal. :)

irfpk
Marshal
Marshal

Re: ANIT / Newbie Trip at Sweihan PM 22 July - Trip Report

Post by irfpk »

ossme wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:51 pm
Thank you for the nice trip! 👍

Sorry about your transmission, I hope it is a small issue that is easy to fix.
I hope all goes well. Thanks