DXB-Drive after Holidays-Newbie +Intermediate

All reports about trips and events
Sai27
Marshal
Marshal

DXB-Drive after Holidays-Newbie +Intermediate

Post by Sai27 »

Today we merged intermediate trip and Newbie trip. We were total of 24 with few last minute cancellations. Started together with one big convoy and split after 30minutes with Serkan lead Intermediate trip(101- Those who completed 6 Newbie trips and Newly promoted intermediate) with support of Bulldozer..Myself lead Newbie lead with the support of Bibin and Remesh as my sweep..

Intermediate convoy by Serkan was as follows.. Serkan requesting you to write convoy experience..

Intermediate..
Bulldozer-Marshal Support
1. Serkan-Lead Marshal
2.Peter
3.Umar
4. Jalal
5.Omar
6.shakeeb
7.Afham
8.Sohail (sweep)
9.Gabor (Joined at the end).

My convoy today:(Newbie)

1.Sai
2.Ahmed Anber -2nd lead
3.FadyC & Doreen
4.Lerrick
5.Ali
6.Dr. Bobby
7. Mazhar
8. Ishi
9. Anit
10.Wojciech
11.Thomas
12.John
13. Remesh- Sweep
14. Bibin -Support.

Convoy was perfect with few stuck and few 2nd tries.. Few of our friends are consistent and driving skills improved a lot..

**Dr.Bobby we welcome you to club AD4X4.
**Bibin and Remesh like usual.. Thank you for huge support.
**Doreen-Good drive and good learning on recovery.
** Anber- You did a good 2nd lead and communication was perfect. Please take this role more to improve your leading skills.
**We practiced and learned more today..

Great day.. Missed Diesel and Intermediate friends at the end since I need to rush after drive..

Stay safe.. God bless..
SAI
JL- COMRADE

“He knows what is in every heart - 67:13”

FadC
Advanced
Advanced

Re: DXB-Drive after Holidays-Newbie +Intermediate

Post by FadC »

Doreen:

It was a great learning experience for me today as it was my first drive with a convoy. Had plenty of fun too! Looking forward to more drives.

Thank you Sai!

Doreen

Shakeeb7
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Shakeeb7 »

It was the first time to be with marshal Serkan. Had a awesome drive tuday.
Thanks to bulldozer and team for supporting.
As usual had some second tries and tyre change in team.
Looking forward for the next trip

Regards
Shakeeb

Jock63
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Jock63 »

Absolutely Brilliant Drive

As always another great drive organised by Sai. At the split I was able to go with the intermediates. Wow. What a Drive.

Serkan led us of some amazing trails, Big dunes, small dunes and some fantastic side slips and cresting. It was the perfect balance between "this is fun" and " I think I may wee my pants". Fortunately is stayed on the former rather than the latter ;o). Just needed to follow his tracks and everything was doable, with a few 2nd tries and one winch out ;o)

Hats off to Bulldozer for another real education on how to get out of trouble. Never thought of putting the Jack under the axel. It's obvious with the solid axels on the Wrangler.

A great group of guys and a few pull outs and a puncture added to the adventure. Looking forward to seeing the drone footage that Serkan filmed

Thanks again everyone for another amazing day

KomSer
Marshal
Marshal

Post by KomSer »

Thanks Sai,

It was a nice catch up again.

Mustafa canceled his registration due to his emergency case and we splitted into 2 convoys

The drive started with Sai's briefing.

I lost my mobile phone and it has been founded after 30 - 40 minutes at 2nd December cafeteria. Hence Bulldozer leaded the intermediate convoy some time until I get my phone back and joine to the convoy again.

As you mentioned above, the intermediate convoy was consisting of
Peter, Umar, Jalal, Omar, Shakeeb, Afham, Sohail

Peter was second lead and did great job. Sohail was sweeper and he did also perfect as usual. Umar's first intermediate drive (if I'm not wrong) you did great Umar. Jalal was perfectly handled his beautiful red jeep. Omar was in Badayer by morning due to some confusion (due to changing of meeting point) you did great Omar. Shakeeb was wonderful with his beautiful Land Rover. Afham you did great with the jeep.

Gabor joined us later on and we drove with him from Badayer to 2nd December cafeteria. Thanks joining Gabor. It was nice catch up with you again.

One more enjoyable day....

See you next week at sand

Regards
Serkan Ortac

Afham88
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Afham88 »

Thank for the nice track Serkan and Chief. We had small briefing with chief and had chance to practice some dunes with chief Said by the time Serkan went to find his Phone. I had a puncher tire in the first half an hour of driving, Cheif Said had demonstrated us how to replace the tires when we face such issue. All team members worked together and fixed this issue in 5min. Big thanks to Shakeeb sohail and omer they worked hard.

We had couple of stucks, but all were recovered easily.we also practice some side slopes, switching and small cresting.Learned and practiced new skills todays.

Hope to do more drive with Serkan and his new rubicon in coming days..

bobbypaul
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by bobbypaul »

It was a wonderful drive today morning. Thank you Sai for introducing me to the AD4x4 family. Thanks for guiding us safely through the dunes and picking out fun tracks. Thank you Remesh and Bibin for keeping an eye out and making sure we all traversed safely.

It was nice meeting everyone and looking forward to driving along with all of you again in the coming weeks.

Regards
Bobby
Last edited by bobbypaul on Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jayramble
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Jayramble »

Thanks again for organizing the Newbie trip on Friday 30th July, I had a great time and learnt a lot about both me and my TJ; looking forward to future events and still need to purchase a log book from someone soon - to record my past two trips and future trips