Khazna Intermediate Patrol Friday PM, 27.08.21

All reports about trips and events
Mytommi
Marshal
Marshal

Khazna Intermediate Patrol Friday PM, 27.08.21

Post by Mytommi »

Support: Marshal Khaiwi, Expert Rene (The Baron)

Intermediate Driver:Talha (Talhamuneer)

After a couple of last-minute dropouts (with proper cancellation) and one no-show we ended up with Talha as the only intermediate driver.

I hope Talha enjoyed the attention and care by the more senior drivers he found himself with. We headed to the dunes to the West of the deflation point and practiced a lot of side-sloping with some more challenging bits and pieces here and there. Talha managed well and we had only a few second tries and a pop-out but no one got stuck.

It was quite hot and windy with a lot of sand in the air at the beginning but later temperatures as well as the wind dropped and the conditions became quite acceptable. We got back to the deflation point around 19:00 h with the last light of the day after driving 52 km.

Special thanks to Expert Rene for sweeping and support and Marshal Khaiwi for overseeing our little convoy, it was quite reassuring to have you there.

I hope you liked it and will join me again in future trips…

Thanks
Mytommi

The Baron
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Khazna Intermediate Patrol Friday PM, 27.08.21

Post by The Baron »

Thanks for organising the trip, Thomas. Challenging area and strong wind made an in resting drive - well done keeping a good pace and find some large dunes. And well done to Talha for keeping up. Till next time.

Talhamuneer
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: Khazna Intermediate Patrol Friday PM, 27.08.21

Post by Talhamuneer »

An adventurous trip filled with challenges and opportunities to learn and improve. Really thankful to the team for guiding me through it and Thomas for helping me with the pop out in extremely windy conditions. Nicely carved track on some beautiful dunes. Thanks to Chief Khaiwi for the amazing photos. See you on the sand soon