DXB- Easy Advance

All reports about trips and events
KomSer
Marshal
Marshal

DXB- Easy Advance

Post by KomSer »

It was a wonderful day with wonderful community!

Marshals - Buldozer, Sai, Carlo
Explorer - Mustafa
Advance - Emre & Engin
And AbuAli

We started from Madam and headed to the Badayer Shops.
I had found out some waypoints from map to explore and we tried to go to the waypoints one by one. Some of them were boring but mainly we enjoyed. We had some second tries and one minor vehicle issue. All managed very well.

The chief Buldozer made a big surprise and joined to the drive despite of being traveled from out of country.

Carlo did a surprise and joined to the drive as well.

Sai and Mustafa supported drive, it was a great support guys. Emre, Engin and Abu Ali were great and all did very well.

End of the drive, we met with MD after long time. (Shawarma was so testy, thanks MD.

See you next week Guys.

Warm Regards
Serkan
Serkan Ortac

Sai27
Marshal
Marshal

Re: DXB- Easy Advance

Post by Sai27 »

Spark started in morning with Gabor.. You added fuel and it became a wild fire at the end..Thank you for a great drive Serkan.. Amazing track and great company...We’ll do this more..

God bless..
SAI
JL- COMRADE

“He knows what is in every heart - 67:13”

SandSailor
Marshal
Marshal

Post by SandSailor »

Great track and the drive with great drivers. My 3rd Adv drive (and at last daytime 🤗) and I enjoyed a lot!

Switching roles during the drive was helpful to test different responsibilities as well as observe different drivers in more detail. Given the area, we had both more technical patches and also some higher dunes to play with. A lot of switching and cresting. The medium-high dunes Serkan have taken us to was great, should visit there later too!

Defn started to get the taste of adv drives more. Did a bit of drifting (maybe more than a bit at times) I should be watchful about. Also pushing the gas too much at times. Need to get used to the new tyres which have better traction needing lees power and momentum.

Should have understood something is funny when my first flag dropped. Thank you Abu Ali for recovering it. Then the entire flagpole with the second flag was gone as the mount gave up. Thanks to Sai managed to recover it too.

Towards the end, I was too close to Mustafa and did take the wrong side to find myself in a ditch, bad drop which broke the control arm. My bad, should kept on concentrating with proper distancing, a good reminder for anyone reading these sentences now. Will do the repairs but perhaps time to think of an upgrade too.

Jeep again impressed me, not only how it performed but self recovered from there and took me home safe n sound. The more we drive together the better we know each other for sure.

Of course the company and the spirit. Simply great and why we look forward to wends, week after the other. Great to see Chief Buldozer again after a long while and Carlo too who joined towards the end. Thank you Sai, Mustafa, Abu Ali and Engin for the great afternoon and all the help in time of need. special thnx goes to Serkan for arranging the trip and the lead.

See you on sand soon!
Emre 🏜⚓️
SandSailor
056 312 2200
Wrangler JKU

Kayra
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Kayra »

We started at a slow pace in the low technical dunes of Al Madam and picked up the pace as we got closer to the higher dunes. I liked how Marshal Serkan wanted us to rotate our positions every 15 mins. This gave each one of us (mainly Emre, Abo Ali and I) the opportunity to practice different positions behind Serkan’s lead.

This must be the second time I drove with Serkan after my very first ANIT drive with him 6 months ago. I was truly amazed with his choice of tracks. It was so entertaining to shave off the sharp crests. We did some drone shoots while waiting for Chief Bulldozer to join us and then started heading to Super Bowl.

Sorry for my bro SandSailor for bending his left lower arm in that nasty ditch as I watched him from the back falling in there. Luckily the damage wasn’t so significant. We worked altogether with a true team spirit to fix it but unfortunately it wasnt something that could be corrected there so the decision was taken to allow Emre to drive it like that back home.

Overall this was one of the most entertaining drives for me. I really like driving on top of the crests with the anxiety to keep the car in balance while shaving off the sand under the belly of the car. Thanks to Sai and Serkan as few hot laps we did helped me in desensitization against my fear of hights.

I look forward to having more drives like this with the team. I was sorry that I couldn’t stay for dinner as the permit from my dear wife was until 8pm. :) Next time I’ll make sure I ask for more time from wife to stay for apres-voyage festivities!

See you all soon.
Engin
LC71