Following Gucci P5

All reports about trips and events
MustafaHabash
Marshal
Marshal

Following Gucci P5

Post by MustafaHabash »

What a morning! Definitely worth the two hours night sleep!!

We were all grouped together by 7:00am and briefed and ready to conquer by 7:15am. Started by warming up on the small crests beyond the shops, and then hit the high slopes. We kept on changing pace between slow and fast, technical and heights, till we reached iftar bowl. Every single driver successfully completed the dune, as well as climbing it from the back. The drivers’ performance was so good that we decided to continue to Super, by that time Mr. Gabor has decided to depart us due to work commitments and Rayan took over the sweeper role . The performance kept on getting better and better that continued further beyond Super where we enjoyed the charming clean sand area.

As we started heading back, Francesca our talented newbie driver was then uncomfortable being passenger due to motion sickness, so took over marco’s place and we reduced the level to newbie and took the easiest way out to the shops.

Convoy Order:
Mustafa- Lead
Engin- 2nd lead; job done spectacularly; comm on point. Thnx a lot for your support
Marco-3rd car; for the 2nd intermediate your driving was excellent. Keep on joining more intermediate trips please
Rayan-4th car; your skills and control over your car are coming together beautifully one drive at a time. For the time you were sweeper, job was done flawlessly.
Mr. Gabor: official sweeper. Your control at the back of the convoy makes every trip leader more relaxed. Thnx a lot for joining.

See you all next time.
Mustafa
Black Mamba

Raybay
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Following Gucci P5

Post by Raybay »

Amazing drive today Mustafa! Thank you!
We're learning from the best!
Ace

Marcolino333
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Marcolino333 »

Amazing drive, I enjoyed so much the track, the technical exercises, explanations, everything.
But in my opinion the most important aspect of the trip is that no matter what but when a member of the convoy (Francesca) had some discomfort immediately everyone took the necessary actions to restore the enjoyable condition for everyone. Mustafa as leader immediately took down the trip level to easy newbie in order to let Francesca drive and all the others not only did not complain about but also cheered up the atmosphere via radio. Nicely done everyone very appreciated.

Cianci
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Cianci »

Amazin trip! Even though I wasn't driving (Marco's passenger) the track was very fun and interesting! I can't wait to be intermediate as well!
Most important, as Marco already said, I want to thank each and everyone of you for your support in helping me get through the last moments of the trip! Thank you so much! We couldn't find better trip mates! Hope to see you next time, and I promise I'll be in better shape!
Thanks!
Francesca

MustafaHabash
Marshal
Marshal

Post by MustafaHabash »

@francesca we did and we’ll do whatever it takes to keep a member/passenger comfortable throughout the drive. I hope you’re feeling better by now.
@marco, you did a great job man, keep it up
Black Mamba

Kayra
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Kayra »

I joined this drive as the 2nd lead to Mustafa and used this opportunity to improve my skill in communications and observing the fellow drivers.

As usual Mustafa’s choice of track was wonderful.

Congratulations to Marco for conquering the summit of the Iftar Bowl for the first time. I observe an obvious improvement in Marco’s driving at each new trip we do together. There was one time he had a potentially dangerous drift. We debriefed and analyzed the situation altogether.

I think Rayan is almost ready to go to the next level. He controls his car very well. In one occasion, Rayan over-challenged the gravity a little bit. He got stuck and self recovered. We also discussed it in the debrief together.

We all take lessons from our mistakes to excel and to ensure we drive safe.

Thanks to Mustafa for the excellent leading. He is advancing surely towards becoming a Marshal of our club soon insallah. Thanks to Gabor for the sweep support and to ensure we all drive safe.

Sorry to see Francesca suffering from the motion sickness. In fact my co-pilot Kayra suffered a bit too. She understood first-hand that she should not eat before the trip, especially teriyaki beef jerkies. :)

Looking forward to driving with you guys again soon.

Best
Engin
LC71