Sat AM Intermediate Sweihan

All reports about trips and events
Mytommi
Marshal
Marshal

Sat AM Intermediate Sweihan

Post by Mytommi »

Intermediate Drivers: Dan (Dan29) and Martin (Martin100)

Support: Michael (EmDoc), Jean (Cantaloube), Gabriel (gfcotelessa) and Zak (Ghost Ridee)

Trip lead: Thomas (Mytommy)

We met in wonderfully fresh morning air at Sweihan BBQ point, where we had the pleasure to also meet Bishar’s advance morning trip squad.

After safety briefing, we started off into the smaller but more technical dunes to the West of the meeting point where we experienced a couple of second tries and stucks that were all professionally handled by the respective drivers and the support team.

Now, everybody fully awake, we headed East through the more open dunes towards the gatch road. Unfortunately, Zak had to leave us here and another driver had to drop out at this point for not feeling well (hopefully recovered by now, all the best), all others continued beyond the gatch road towards Nagrah.

About 1 km before Nagrah we reached the turning point and began our way back, roller-coasting through the large dunes in this area. After crossing the gatch road again we found ourselves once more in a technical area. After a last break in the shadow of a big tree we headed through the sand towards Gate 12 where we finished the trip at 10:00h after driving 55 km through a diverse landscape with very different types of dunes.

I would like to thank all drivers, Dan for an excellent second lead, Gabriel for a solid sweep and Michael, Jean and Zak for support and valuable advice.

I hope you liked it and will join me again in future trips…

Thanks
Mytommi

CANTALOUBE
Marshal
Marshal

Re: Sat AM Intermediate Sweihan

Post by CANTALOUBE »

Thank you Thomas for this pleasant intermediate trip. A good way for me to get back my feeling after a good month of stop.
See you soon on the sand and at the future campsite

EmDoc
Marshal
Marshal

Post by EmDoc »

Great Saturday morning drive. A good choice of track with a bit of everything to aid confidence and skill development.

Thanks Tommi

Octopus
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Octopus »

Thanks Tommi. Was a good drive and a espcially enjoyed the technical area. Looking forward to your next lead