Dxb-Adv-You got what it takes?

All reports about trips and events
MustafaHabash
Marshal
Marshal

Dxb-Adv-You got what it takes?

Post by MustafaHabash »

5 offroading enthusiasts met up at 3:30 pm sharp. briefed, tires deflated, and flags raised by 3:50pm, we started warming up around the huge tricky dunes of Al Owad till around 4:20pm as we met another member joining us running late due to a technical issue in his car on the way.

Shortly after we continued the drive, we had another technical issue in one of the member's vehicle which was swiftly recovered by the master himself; abou Ali. Soon after, we had a very funny stuck where we stopped the convoy, had a good laugh at it, and successfully recovered the stuck and resumed the drive, and it is then when all the fun began.. we crested, switched, entered and exit bowls and all sorts of fun maneuvers we do in advance.

The convoy order was a following:

Mustafa-Lead
Ibrahim-2nd lead; couldn't have wished for a better performance. Thanks for joining
Emre-3rd car: amazing improvement. you driving skills and style and coming together one drive after the other. Thanks for joining.
Engin-4th car: you handled your vehicle superbly today. Keep it up buddy
Abou Ali-5th car; one of the best drivers i have ever driven with. Thanks for joining
Marshal Serkan: Official Sweeper; thanks a lot of joining. always a pleasure driving and having you around

YOU ALL HAD WHAT IT TAKES.

Looking forward to seeing you all.

Regards,
Mustafa
Black Mamba

amins23
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Dxb-Adv-You got what it takes?

Post by amins23 »

A day to remember! One of my all time favorite trips so far. Amazing tracks both in day time and in the night. Everyone had fantastic driving skills, and mustafa kept it exciting throuh out the whole trip. Thanks for that, and thanks to marshal Serkan for his support as a sweeper.

KomSer
Marshal
Marshal

Post by KomSer »

Mustafa.,

First of all thanks for the day we spent all together. It was a great day with wonderful company.

Track was perfect you chose and headed to Badayer shops. We did a lot of switches, side cresting, climbing. Everybody did perfect and we reached to the end point with a good smile. There were some second tries, vehicle mechanical issue and minor stuck but all gave us a different excitement.

Second lead Ibrahim, Engin, Abu Ali and Emre;
All of you drove amazing Guys. It was nice to be with all of you team.

Looking for the further drives

Thanks & Regards
Serkan Ortac

SandSailor
Marshal
Marshal

Post by SandSailor »

Another hot afternoon on the sand but with great company and a lot of fun.

Mustafa, as i told you on the spot I have been following your lead since you have started to do so, and it gets better and better. Perhaps i am also rising up to the fun slowly but great track selection and also a lot of fun too. In a controlled and safe manner. It was a really balanced track, with all the good bits.

A lot of switches, multiple switches, side sloping, side cresting, climbing big dunes and what not. Great practice of skills and learning new ones. On my account, i practiced driving at L manual for the entire trip. Have been much slower and easy on the gas too, with proper distancing (see my last trip report :) Felt much more controlled for an adv drive, better anticipating what the car will do or not. As we said from the beginning the more drives the better.

A few second tries and very few stucks sorted in quick manner. We covered a lot of distance (50+km) and also had the pleasure of driving with lights at the end too. Mustafa managed to make it exciting for all of us and everybody had a big smile at the end.

Had some issues with the front left tire, kept losing air when deflated. It kept me on my toes the entire trip but was also a good practice of not pushing the car or being more careful in turns and descends to avoid a pop-out. Trip completed successfully and now time to get it checked.

Marshal Serkan, special thanks to you for keeping an eye on us. Ibrahim, Engin, Abu Ali, fantastic team to drive with. Looking forward to the next one!

and of course Mustafa, thanks for arranging the trip and the great afternoon.

See you all on the sand soon
Emre 🏜⚓️
SandSailor
056 312 2200
Wrangler JKU

Kayra
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Kayra »

This was another very entertaining drive for me under Mustafa’s lead. We started around an hour late but quickly picked up the pace. I initially thought to do the drive at 4L like SandSailor but then felt more comfortable driving at my usual 4H and D drive.

In general it was a fast paced drive with minimum number of stuck of second tries. I loved the multiple switches on high dunes and I started realizing that my fear or hights is fading out as I do more of these drives. Having said that I still feel that I need to work a bit on my night driving skills especially on the high dunes.

Overall it was a very enjoyable and uneventful drive apart from Abo Ali’s broken full pipe, which he fixed promptly showing us what a true master of mechanics he is.

Thanks to Mustafa for the amazing track. Thanks to Marshal Serkan for watching our back. Thanks to all fellow drivers for keeping it safe.

See you all soon.

Engin
Engin
LC71