Navigation and Exploring - DXB

All reports about trips and events
Abdoo
Marshal | Safety
Marshal | Safety

Navigation and Exploring - DXB

Post by Abdoo »

at 4:30pm Sharp, Myself, Kayra, Sandsailor and Atari met at badayer Shops, got ready quickly for the mission which we came for, Navigation.

the aim of this mission was to train the drivers how to pick a route limited by level, and waypoint, using navigation tool and team communication, the trick in this particular drive was to pick an ANIT track towards the defined waypoint.

after a quick briefing about the basics of navigation and dealing with coordinates, i shared a waypoint with drivers with one objective "lead e to that point".

Kayra and Sandsailor had the lead one by the other, communicationg the track and obstacles ahead and i was carefully lestining to how track decisions are made, along with Atari who was supporting th ewhole thing too.

we reached the waypoint by 5:30pm "which was earlier than expected" , so we decided to play arount under my lead till sunset so we go on with our mission, and meanwhile we met chief bulldozer who joined us in the desert along with his signature diesel coffee.

along with sunset, and right before complete darkness, we had our second phase of the drive, with drivers navigating their way out at the same rules "pick an ANIT track out", and they felt how different it is with and without sunlight, but with teamwork they made it out by 8:30pm

highghts:
1- total distance of recorded track navigated by members 9.6 km
2- Kayra and Sandsailor have shown remarkable teamwork supporting each with track and decisions under supervision of myself and Atari
3- after a while we finally had the honor of Atari's presence and support, welcome back to action bro.
4- skills aimed to be practiced was navigationg a limited level track and make decisions accordingly.

thank you very much Kayra, Sandsailor, Atari for making this one happen, a different drive in the beautiful weaher.

See you soon in the sand
It is never too late... Get up and buy a Jeep!!!

Abdo 0503020314

Kayra
Marshal
Marshal

Re: Navigation and Exploring - DXB

Post by Kayra »

This was something I have experienced for the first time. Thank you Abdo for organizing this specific learning experience for me and Emre.

By the end of this trip I have got more comfortable with using my GPS app and also learned how a track is created for a beginner level driving.

As a bonus the technical Advanced drive we had after we defined the ANIT track-in was so satisfiying for me and my passenger.

Thank you Abdo, Atari and Sandsailor for a wonderful drive.

Best,
Engin
Engin
LC71

Abdoo
Marshal | Safety
Marshal | Safety

Post by Abdoo »

Kayra wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:14 am
This was something I have experienced for the first time. Thank you Abdo for organizing this specific learning experience for me and Emre.

By the end of this trip I have got more comfortable with using my GPS app and also learned how a track is created for a beginner level driving.

As a bonus the technical Advanced drive we had after we defined the ANIT track-in was so satisfiying for me and my passenger.

Thank you Abdo, Atari and Sandsailor for a wonderful drive.

Best,
Engin

Thank you engin for your comment.

Indeed it was a first time and a different kind of practice, but definitely won't be the last.

As you got more comfortable with your GPS and track hunting, then objective achieved
It is never too late... Get up and buy a Jeep!!!

Abdo 0503020314

SandSailor
Marshal
Marshal

Post by SandSailor »

Indeed it was a different type of experience for sure. A drive where the drive was not the fun but the result of your navigation skills.

The initial mapping of the way-in and way-out was the easier ones given the sunlight. Judgement and awareness were key as well as communication with the others to get it right with min run. Of course being able to go towards the waypoint while doing so, which is how I have used the GPS so far, although very limited.

The real fun was following the exact track, first with daylight and then nighttime. Daytime issue was what to do when the GPS crashed and nighttime issue was to be able to find the starting point of the track from the camp with minimum issues where I struggled. Needed to do a few “scene1, take2s” but thanks to Abdoo’s patience did get there at last. Following the track was ok, could defn be better.

Clearly something that needs to be practiced more to get better at (like driving itself 🤗). Even settings of the app to positioning of the device needs fine tuning. Now i am more interested in it, which is perhaps what was intended.

In between had adv drives following Abdoo, Atari and Chief on the way out. Extra bonus was meeting many others from the club, which was great.

Thank you Abdoo for arranging this (and also with the patience) and Atari for the short trip that you lead which I enjoyed a lot. I understand they dont come too often 😉. Kayra too, my partner in crime, for the company and fun.

See you all on the sand soon
Emre 🏜⚓️
SandSailor
056 312 2200
Wrangler JKU

Manytoolsmike
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Manytoolsmike »

Wow Abdoo,

I am sad we missed this valuable trip. I will not miss it the next time. Also the terrific coffee of Bulldozer!

Hazel piloted the Sanders family through another ANIT trip Friday in Abu Dhabi.

Mike.