*1eyejack (John)
*Tomtom (Thomas)
*Tcross (Tom)
**Currywurst (Deborah)
**abdullah1234
**Dirtdiver (Tim)
***Eagle (Umar)
*****Fido Dido (Amr)

When planning this trip I didn’t expect such high demand, the waiting list would soon be 20+ long.
Kindly, Marshals Petro (Kevin) and Mark volunteered to take over a convoy so everybody could be accepted to the trip. Thanks Marshals Mark and Kevin for that.

On location we split the convoy in two and I will report the trip for the convoy under my lead and let Mark comment on his trip.

After organising the convoys we held a safety and trip briefing and went straight into the dunes. Sand conditions were completely different to normal as it had rained heavily the night before. The sand was wet and dark and the surface firm and smooth. Driving was on one hand much easier as the cars did not have to overcome the resistance of the soft sand but on the other hand could be more treacherous and less forgiving.

We started at a slow pace and increased the level substantially after the drivers had warmed up. We straight-crested a number of medium and even higher dunes where we also had a few cars stuck on the crest. Recovery was efficiently done by Umar the Sweeper.
We finished the trip around 16:45 h at the deflation point.

I would like to thank in particular Marshal Fido-Dido for supporting this trip and providing invaluable support and advice. But also many thanks to Shaju as my capable second lead, Umar for being an excellent sweeper and Deborah, Abdallah and Tim for intermediate support.

Hope all enjoyed the trip and see you all in the sand

Thomas

Eagle
Explorer
Explorer

Re: New year Newbie afternoon

Post by Eagle »

Thanks Thomas for the New Year trip. See you soon on sand!!

Regards

abdullah1234
Advanced
Advanced

Post by abdullah1234 »

Dear Thomas,

Thank you very much for organising the trip. It was indeed a different driving experience as the sand was hard so doing crest in soft sand and hard sand is a bit different.

See you soon on sand..

Regards
Abdullah Ghafar
+971 50 8154981
Pathfinder R50, Fj, Toyota Prado 120, Lc200

Ayfas
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Ayfas »

Thank you Thomas for a wonderful new year day drive. Very good newbie track with good lead. Appreciate your efforts to reduce the gap between explorer and marshal. Thanks to all marshals and others supported. Eagerly waiting to see thomas in orange Tshirt. See you all soon again.

Regards
Ayfas Offroader (Shajumon)
Regards

Shajumon.
Ayfas - Offroader. A proud AD4x4 Member.

Dirtdiver
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Dirtdiver »

Thomas,

It's always a pleasure to follow the tracks you create and learn from your advice. Thanks for organizing another wonderful trip. See you in the dunes soon.