DXB Advance Vol 1

All reports about trips and events
KomSer
Marshal
Marshal

DXB Advance Vol 1

Post by KomSer »

It was a rainy and windy day. Desert was not much busy, however many places had been spoiled by a lot of tracks.

Participants,
Marshal Sai
Explorer Sinan
Experts were Engin, Emre, Abdullah, Ian
Advances were Omar, Vishnu

Emre was second lead and Sinan was sweeper of the convoy.

We started moving after deflation and briefing. It was a quick start and we climbed to the higher dunes of Shoaewib to switch on the other side of the dunes.

While playing at the place, we heard that Marshal Gabor needs support due to some problems with one of the car. We headed to support them and got the information that he managed the situation. Then we continued playing at the area until badayer shops.

Omar had an issue with his beadlock tire, we did a team work and replaced his beadlock with the spare one.

The convoy pace was fast and the drive was technical. There were some second tries and 2 stucks (Serkan & Engin). Both car have been recovered neither using winch nor rope.

Sai, Thanks for waking me up by morning, giving your GPS and saving me from the stuck while using the shovel. You saved my day today :)

Emre, Engin, Abdullah, Sinan, Ian, Vishnu, Omar.... Guys you did great today and i really enjoyed with your drives.

Thnaks for joining and Looking forward further drives with you.

Warm Regards
Serkan
Serkan Ortac

Sai27
Marshal
Marshal

Re: DXB Advance Vol 1

Post by Sai27 »

Indeed a great morning with our advance friends.. Pace was good.. Track was on Expert level.. Tricky dune formation & tracks because of rain… Too windy to get out from car.. Weather was amazing.. One of the best trip in recent times.. Following your track is always fun & challenging Serkan.. and stuck.. Yes we did cleared as a team.. next time shovel & help me when I’m stuck..

Excellent drive by Vishnu & Omar who’s new to fast advance.. Engin & Emre you both knows this track by heart.. After a long time an advance with Abdalla..

Pleasure meeting you Ian- Congrats on your new level Expert with club.

Sinan- No one drive a pathfinder like you.

Time not wasted.. Quality day with good friends from AD4X4.

Stay safe.. God bless..
SAI
JL- COMRADE

“He knows what is in every heart - 67:13”

Vishnu
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Vishnu »

Tanks Marshall serkan and sai to make my first advance drive memorable.
Special tanks to sinan for supporting me staring from newbie to advance. Need to learn a lot from you..
As sai said, no one drives pathfinder better than you.

Emre, Engin, Abdullah, Ian and Omar really happy to drive within you guys.

SandSailor
Marshal
Marshal

Post by SandSailor »

It was one of those days and drives you wont forget. Stormy weather and tricky sand made the track more challenging but thanks to the great team, it was a lot of fun and a drive to remember.

Wet sand on the surface made it tricky for the following cars when crushed with the first comers and became muddy and soft. Some tracks were as hard as tarmac until you steer little away and find yourself in a swamp. Lots of questions tested; 12psi or lower, 4H or 4L, how much spacing needed between cars, is that wet sand muddy or hard, shall i open the window open or not 🤗 and many more. Keeping the car straight on crests was as easy as it was difficult at times but a great learning experience and a lot of fun. Lots of calls to be made by all drivers and I believe we all did great. Only a couple of stucks despite the adverse conditions and both self recovered with a little help. A flat tire changed with spare with great teamwork, good reminder to all that spare should be kept ready all times.

Omar and Vishnu did great being new to the level, impressive drive guys, proud moement for sure. Always a pleasure driving behind Serkan and Sai, thank you Marshals for keeping an eye on us and making this drive safe and fun. Always a pleasure to drive with Engin, Abdulla and Sinan, a team you can always rely on. And of course Ian, welcome to DXB tracks, hope you enjoyed our dunes as much as we have done the AD drives that we did together.

See you all on sand soon…
Emre 🏜⚓️
SandSailor
056 312 2200
Wrangler JKU

Kayra
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Kayra »

We have driven on the semi-wet sand before but this was a bit different. To make the conditions worse there was a lot of wind and it was raining at times. So as my fellow drivers noted the top of the sand was hard and underneath that hard top it was soft. Especially at the slopes, it was difficult sometimes to keep the car straight without drifting.

We had two stucks, both self recovered. Mine was a scary stuck for me but thanks to Marshal Serkan’s guidance on the radio, Sinan and Vishnu’s support next to me, I kind of self recovered without the help of a winch or rope.

Under heavy wind, we changed Omar’s tire with the spare as his beadlock rims were leaking.

I truly enjoyed the drive. Shame that I couldnt stay for the after-drive critics and chit-chat as the family was waiting for me.

Omar and Vishnu, I think guys proved that you are true Advance drivers. Your handling was remarkable at this unforgiving terrain.

Ian, welcome to Dubai. It was a pleasure driving with you.

Abdullah and Sinan, thanks for looking after us at the back.

Marshals Serkan and Sai, always a pleasure to drive behind you and learn from your experience.

My bro Emre, great second lead as always. I look forward to your lead next week.

Best,
Engin
Engin
LC71

Ianzki
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Ianzki »

First time for me to drive in Dubai desert with Dubai ad4x4 peeps and I really enjoyed it. Thank you all for the warm welcome 🤗 .

The beginning of the drive is rainy and sand turns like a mud which became really tricky and challenging from the start but we all get used to it. Then middle of the drive till end is really windy which makes more challenging for me as I feel my car wobble when attacking the crests.

Omar and Vishnu did a great job on their first advanced drive specially on the weather and sand conditions. Its more on advance ++ type of drive kudos to both of you. 😉

Thank you Serkan for organizing this trip and wonderful choice of tracks.
Thank you Sai for the advice during the trip.
Engin and Emre its my second time to drive together with you (the 1st was in Sweihan with Ahmed’s lead during season opening) and you amazed me the way you drove 💪🏻.
Thank you Sinan and Abdullah for keeping an eye on us at the back.

Till next time guys it’s a pleasure to drive with you all. 😊
LIFE GOES ON
:ad4x4: :bye2: :rin: ::mgun:
Ian Dilag FJC

Hammerhead
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Hammerhead »

So late in replying to this event report thread, but the drive is surely worth it.

My second advance and one of the my favs ever, sand felt like mud terrain , and once spoiled by first 2 cars its more slippery and very unexpected.

Had a blast driving with A beautiful bunch of ppl, dubai’s usual suspects, each one of you taught me something, and it was a pleasure driving with Ian for the first time though we met before in Liwa, a fellow FJ expert.

Would like to thank all for helping me change my tire, learned beadlocks maintenance requirements the hard way.

And btw im the person who said first “nobody drives a pathfinder like sinan” 😜
Omar Ali
+971526711164
FJ Cruiser

KomSer
Marshal
Marshal

Post by KomSer »

Hammerhead wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:24 pm
So late in replying to this event report thread, but the drive is surely worth it.

My second advance and one of the my favs ever, sand felt like mud terrain , and once spoiled by first 2 cars its more slippery and very unexpected.

Had a blast driving with A beautiful bunch of ppl, dubai’s usual suspects, each one of you taught me something, and it was a pleasure driving with Ian for the first time though we met before in Liwa, a fellow FJ expert.

Would like to thank all for helping me change my tire, learned beadlocks maintenance requirements the hard way.

And btw im the person who said first “nobody drives a pathfinder like sinan” 😜
As far as I remember @Sai is the one who told ''Nobody drives Pathfinder like Sinan" ;)
Serkan Ortac