Post by Octopus »

Drivers:
Zak - Fortuner (Lead)
Pierre - LR4 (2nd Lead)
Jen - Xterra
Stephan - FJ
Janine - LX470 (Sweep)
Shaju - FJ (floating expert support)

Bright and early in the morning we met up for a detailed ANIT briefing. It was Jen's first trip so we have gone through many of the details for newbies and safety in the desert. Unfortunately I forgot some important points like securing all the items in the vehicle and complete instructions for the 2nd lead.

We set off into the small technical dunes and warmed up there with some easy cruising through and practicing some small straight crests. Once we got into the wide open valleys I took the opportunity to tour around the area, we saw some Gazelles and stopped for a few breaks in between.

Around 10am however the weather turned foul with very strong wind and a big sandstorm, and just in time for us to have our first recovery, as the weather was so bad, I made a direct route for the sabkha however visibility was very bad and it was difficult to find a way without GPS. On the last straight crest we had our last recovery before getting into the sabkha and heading for the tarmac.

Everyone did very well considering the level of the group. I will ask Pierre, please keep in mind to hold the convoy, especially when its time for a technical break ;-).

Thank you all for joining and hopefully the weather will be much better on the next trip.

All the best

Zak

Janine

Re: Eid Coffee on Razeen Road

Post by Janine »

Thank you Zak for recovering those of us who needed to be, especially in the terrible weather conditions.

Thank you for guiding us through the very bad visibility and safely back to the tarmac.

Thank you to Shaju for your help and guidance.

Despite the weather it was a good drive and it was good to be out in the desert again!

Purcherea

Re: Eid Coffee on Razeen Road

Post by Purcherea »

Lovely trip. I would say one of the best at this level. Dynamic convoy, awesome scenery and great coffee.

Thanks Zak and Shaju for leading and support.

See you next time!