Tim - JKU (2nd Lead)
Nico - Pajero
Micheal - FJ
Mithun - Fortuner
Ajit - Patrol
Rajesh - Pajero
Talal - Patrol
Atari - JK (Sweep and Sheppard)

We started off with a safety briefing about the club and requirements for convoy discipline and straight cresting. I also gave a question and answer round about the safety equipment. I did not go too much in detail about snatch recovery as I wanted us to do a practical demonstration. Very close to the gate we practiced some straight crests and had our first recovery, and we all got out of our cars to see the whole point of recovery in action. As we drove further into the dunes we had self recovery by Micheal and another recovery by Talal. As we got into the more technical dunes, Talal drove too fast into a small depression and hit the side slope with his car on the wrong angle, and had a pop out. This was very good becuase it was still early in the day and we could fix the pop out easily.
After a break to regroup we continued further into the dunes and got to see the exposed sandstone which give Al Faya its character.
As we got out of the technical parts and found some more open dunes to drive we cruised around and started to get into the swing of the drive, alas the time was already up. and we headed for the tarmac.

Thank you all for joining. Thank Tim for 2nd Lead, and thank you Atari for the tireless intructions to everyone throughout the drive.

Dirtdiver
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Al Faya Newbies ANIT Convoy

Post by Dirtdiver »

Thanks Zak for organizing the trip and providing excellent instructions to all the drivers. Looking forward to seeing you in the sand again soon