Convoy
*****Mytommi
** dmitry575
** DCol
** julius2532
** jamestaylor
*** Dirtdiver
*****EmDoc (Michael)

We met at 17:00 h, deflated and conducted trip & safety briefing. The temperature was quite tolerable for this time of the year.

We then moved into the dunes towards East to warm up. Everything was running smooth so I could up the level a bit.

We explored different dune ranges, had a couple of breaks and at sunset turned South towards Khazna. We successfully made our way through the darkness and crossed the fences.

After meandering through the Khazna dunes for a while we finished the trip at Khazna deflation point shortly before 21:00 h.

The track was flowy most of the time with some technical parts in-between. Even though it was the first night drive for two of the drivers everyone managed very well. We had a few stucks and second tries all managed professionally by the team.

Congratulations to Dion and Dmitri for completing their first night drive. Tim was a solid second lead and James acted as a reassuring sweeper.
Thanks Michael for support, advice and company.

Thanks for joining and see you soon again in the sand.

Thomas

EmDoc
Marshal
Marshal

Re: Al Faya to Khazna night drive

Post by EmDoc »

Thanks for a enjoyable reintroduction to night driving. Great fun. See you next time

Dirtdiver
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Dirtdiver »

Thanks Thomas for organizing the trip. You chose a awesome track. Looking forward to the nest trip.

dmitry575
Advanced
Advanced

Post by dmitry575 »

Thomas, thank you for my 1st night drive, was not sure what to expect (from me :) but you made the experience very enjoyable. Michael, appreciated your coaching and advise.