Beat the heat advance trip

All reports about trips and events
Waleedaljaberi
Advanced
Advanced

Beat the heat advance trip

Post by Waleedaljaberi »

Yes its me Expert Waleed who is going to write the trip report this time, since Marshal Ahmed car decided that she is not in the mood for a drive.

So we were supposed to meet today at 5:15am however, it was foggy so we had to start a bit late. At 6am marshal ahmed started the briefing explaining today trip driving and then the convey was set as below:

1- Marshal Ahmed
2- Expert Waleed ( second lead)
3- Advance Reji
4- Advance Nick
5- Expert Emre (Sweeper)
6- (Support) Marshal Tompa

We started moving by 6:15 and as Marshal Ahmed was warming up with medium dunes, his front differential started to leak so we went to the gate and dropped his car.

Marshal Ahmed decided to give me the lead and he was my passenger, I was lucky to have him by my side, giving me good tips.

Convey was set as below

1- Expert Waleed (leader) with Marshal
Ahmed support
2- Expert Emre (Second lead)
3- Advance Reji
4- Advance Nick
6- Marshal Tompa (Sweeper)

We started moving again and did a couple of switches, after that Expert Emre had an issue with his car so we dropped him at the catdsh road, unfortunately he had to leave.

Again convey order was set up as below

1- Expert Waleed (leader) with Marshal
Ahmed support
2- Advance Reji (second lead)
3- Advance Nick
4- Marshal Tompa (Sweeper)

We moved again and practice on some switches on the medium size dunes, some drivers had a couple of second tries and we kept practicing again and again to sharpen the skills.

Since the trip purpose is easy advance and sharpen the skills, we didn’t do much switching at bigger dunes.

During break Marshal ahmed gave some briefing to explain to the drivers, how to take some of the switch such as double or triple switch on a medium size dune. Also its was explained were the driver should decide to hook up his car with the crest and start switching.

Thanks for all drivers who attended and you guys did great.

Marshal Ahmed thanks again for allowing me to lead this trip and off course Marshal Tompa was really pleasure having you as our Chief support.

Hope to see you all soon on the DUNES ✌🏽✌🏽
Regards
Waleed ALJABERI

Advance Leads (17)
Intermediate Leads (6)

tompa-bjorka
Marshal
Marshal

Re: Beat the heat advance trip

Post by tompa-bjorka »

Great trip. Waleed, you took opportunity to lead after Ahmed’s car gave up and you did a great job. Trip was at the right level with some challenging moment, which is needed for drivers to develop skills. Feedback was also gives at several times. We all learn something every time we drive in dunes, so also today. See u soon in the dunes.

SandSailor
Marshal
Marshal

Post by SandSailor »

Required a very early start to the day at 3:30 but always a pleasure to be on the sand with great company.

Sweihan was as beautiful as it could be with not much crowd around. Started as the sweeper until we dropped Ahmedos car and Waleed took the lead after which I took the second lead. Lots of switches Waleed style and good fun. It was not easy to asses how much power needed to follow the VTC if I have to admit!

After around an hour into the drive my car started to lose power causing me trouble at climbs so asked for a break. The issue was that car didnt go above 3000-3500 rpm at any gear. All else seemed to be working properly. No lights at the dashboard. However the engine bay was full of sand as well as the air filter. Cleaned the filter tried again but yet again 4k at most so decided not to risk more and the convoy dropped me to the gatch road. I am sure they had a great trip later on too as it was when I was part of it.

At the roadside spent almost an hour to clean the engine bay properly. Then the car came to its senses and have been performing well since. The only bittersweet taste is that I had to leave early but better be safe than sorry.

Thank you Ahmedo and Waleed for the great morning. First time driving with Marshal Tompa and it was a pleasure, as well as fellow Jeeper Nick who was a bit rusty at the start but found his rythm afterwards. Lastly Reji, solid driving as always.

Thank you all and See you next time

Emre
🏜⚓️
SandSailor
056 312 2200
Wrangler JKU

Reji
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Reji »

Waleed, Well detailed report, well written.

The timing was excellent. 5.15 am ( drive started at 6am due to fog) , ended at 9 am., reached home @ 10.45 am, It was a nice & friendly drive. Switching - I Enjoyed well, Looking forward to more switching drives...

Marshall Thompa & Ahmed, Expert Emre and Waleed ( lead) for your support, technical advice and patience.

Nick - First time we met and drove together. It was a nice experience. I had posted one of your videos on my FB account.

See you

JustAhmedo
Marshal
Marshal

Post by JustAhmedo »

Amazing trip with lovely people. Despite breaking my car, I really enjoyed being a passenger with Waleed and watching him choose an amazing track suitable for the drivers following him. The Nick and Reji were learning to do multiple switches and they showed good progress during the trip. Well done everyone and welcome back Marshal Tompa.

Emre, I feel your pain about your car but it was good seeing you. In Sha Allah we shall drive and complete a trip together.

See you all next time
Ahmed.
You can shake the desert sand from my shoes, but not from my soul

Just Ahmedo