Convoy
***** Mytommi
*** VGSears (Vaughan)
** Ruttan (Adam)
** jamestaylor
*** Dirtdiver (Tim)
**** Chrismon
***** EmDoc

We met at 18:00 h, deflated and conducted trip & safety briefing. At that point we were not sure how long the trip would last as a hefty Northernly wind was blowing with a lot of sand in the air.
We used the first hour in daylight to warm up in the dunes driving East. Everyone was doing very well so we confidently switch on our lights and continued driving in the dark. The track was for the most part nice and flowy, with some technical challenges and some soft sand spots mixed in. We had a few second tries and one stuck.

Luckily the wind dropped down with time and we had a couple of breaks, with one longer break relaxing and chatting and enjoying the not too bad temperature.

I spotted a gazelle and a mouse during the trip.

We finished the trip in Khazna at 22:00 h, but I was the only one to stay there overnight for Michael’s trip next morning at 06:00 h. The temperatures at night dropped from 36 to 30°C in the morning. A light breeze and no humidity. Almost perfect conditions…

Thanks to Vaughan for thoughtfully second leading and James/Chris for always letting me know what the situation in the back was.
Thanks to Michael for still having time for us while testing your new car 😉.

Thanks for joining and see you soon again in the sand.

Thomas

Dirtdiver
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Friday night in Al Faya

Post by Dirtdiver »

Thanks Thomas for organizing the trip and picking another wonderful track. Looking forward to the next one.

EmDoc
Marshal
Marshal

Post by EmDoc »

After the blustery start, the weather settled down and allowed us to fully enjoy the evening. Good fun. Thanks Thomas

cmj1388
Explorer
Explorer

Post by cmj1388 »

Thanks Thomas for a nice Friday evening Drive… Thanks Marshall Michael for the support and all Co-drivers who all did very well… see you all next time.

jamestaylor
Explorer
Explorer

Post by jamestaylor »

Another fun night, cheers Thomas!

Ruttan
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Ruttan »

We all received a nice sandblast at the beginning, not worth mentioning though as the rest of the drive was great fun. Nice to get feedback from the scholar and gentleman Michael as well!

Great pathfinding as always, Thomas. I look forward to the next trip.

VGSears
Explorer
Explorer

Post by VGSears »

despite all the sand in the beginning making it an interesting deflation and chat before we depart. The drive was good and as all said the weather settled. It was too warm for me to consider camping so took the drive home for a few hours sleep before back in the dunes in the morning.

Thanks Thomas for the drive and Michael and Chris for support