Renaming Ceremony of Lower Butais to Upper

All reports about trips and events
cmj1388
Explorer
Explorer

Renaming Ceremony of Lower Butais to Upper

Post by cmj1388 »

This was my third drive leading an advance convoy..

Myself , followed by Marshall Michael, Ahmad Soufan, Tim and Reji as Sweeper.

Since I don’t trust myself on waking up early… reached the start point last night to have a good night sleep…
We started at 6.05 after the briefing.

It gave more confidence for me as a new lead having Marshall Michael as my second lead who was my best teacher in this sport.

We started with a slow pace warm up and then moved towards the high dunes in Butais…

As usual the GPS part went the same as before… however the instinct allowed me to take then convoy through some high dunes for the first time.

Ahmad was new with his Xterra which made a bit challenging for him same as for anyone who drives a new car. However later he was able to tackle that part to enjoy the drive.

Tim did a great driving as usual and his friend with the camera rolling.

Reji who was the sweeper did very well as usual who is my constant supporter and college mate in desert driving..

The weather was nice and hence to keep the same ambience we didn’t got delayed to reach back the inflation point. By 8.40 we reached back after almost 60km of drive.

Once again Thanks to Marshall Michael for supporting me in this drive and rest AD4x4 mates who supported the drive.

Until Next time… Stay safe.

Dirtdiver
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Renaming Ceremony of Lower Butais to Upper

Post by Dirtdiver »

Thanks Chris for organizing a wonderful trip. You picked a wonderful track. Looking forward to many more trips with you. Thanks Michael for the support and sharing your knowledge with us.

See you all in the sand soon.

EmDoc
Marshal
Marshal

Post by EmDoc »

Nice track Chris, you pitched it at just the right level. The weather was fine, the drive was good and the company great.

Looking forward to more like this.

Till next time

Reji
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Reji »

While crossing Samha I thought Chris was going to explore the other side of the dune, while he turned to Gatch road I looked at the clock , Oh it was 8.30!. Two and a half hour gone very fast..... . The selection of tracks was excellent. Super weather.. Enjoyed the trip like " Rain, Johnson Mash Music, black coffee .. 
Congrats Chriss for your successful  third trip..
Many thanks Marshal Michael for your great support
Ahmed & Tim - always friendly and supportive 
See you all soon