Dxb Newbie Into the Dark

All reports about trips and events
MustafaHabash
Marshal
Marshal

Dxb Newbie Into the Dark

Post by MustafaHabash »

As no newbie members registered to the trip and the intermediate member cancelling in the last few hours, the convoy ended up being formed of the below members:
1. Mustafa
2. Walid
3. Rick
4. Abo Ali
5. Abo Ali's guest; Hamad

Upon briefing, I was skeptical on how the sand condition and texture will be especially after the heavy rains in the area , therefore, we decided to start extremely easy and pick up the pace as we go and sense confidence. However, we didn't expect that the wind will be so aggressive. We drove in really difficult conditions as we couldn't determine where the crests lines are and visibility was really bad, therefore we maintained an easy track to take us back home safe. To me, Badayer seemed to be a totally new area yesterday; wind has cleared all tracks and kept the sand extremely soft.

The trip was completed with no damages to any of the vehicles, few second tires, and a recovery that was safely handled by Walid.

Thank you to all the members who joined especially Walid and Rick for coming from the capital.

Thank you Abo Ali and Hamad, always a pleasure driving with you.

See you guys soon, hopefully in a more friendly condition :)

Regards,
Mustafa
Black Mamba

RickSpeight
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Dxb Newbie Into the Dark

Post by RickSpeight »

Thanks Mustafa for the opportunity to do such a challenging yet enjoyable drive! It was my first night drive and so I was probably a little unprepared given the conditions! As my Jeep only has stock lights, I was very grateful to Waleed who let me drive in front of him so he could light up the technical track ahead! And also for his advise and experience with additional lighting for my car! Really appreciate it!
Great first night drive, I felt safe and I loved the track…when I could see it 😂 looking forward to the next!
Rick Speight
…maximum effort!!

Waleedaljaberi
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Dxb Newbie Into the Dark

Post by Waleedaljaberi »

Thank you Marshal Mustafa for arranging this trip, we were not expecting the weather to be harsh with sand storm.

Crest visibility was really hard to see and tell were to crest! Thank god I had my LP6 Amber lights which was a game changer for this weather condition.

Marshal Mustafa I was amazed MASHALAH how you manged to lead with confident while trying also to search for a safe and easy track.

Rick as it is your first night drive you showed really confident and I liked it when you couldn’t see clearly in some areas, you didn’t risk it and asked for a support from me to lighten the track. You did it SAFELY

ABO ALI Great company to have him show around as a surprise.

Driving in this weather gave me extra experience and things to learn.

Hope to see you all on the DUNES ✌🏽✌🏽
Regards
Waleed ALJABERI

Advance Leads (17)
Intermediate Leads (6)