Advance drive in Wagan 17 and 18 september

All reports about trips and events
CANTALOUBE
Marshal
Marshal

Advance drive in Wagan 17 and 18 september

Post by CANTALOUBE »

Everyone arrived at the meeting point on time, ready to ride in the beautiful dunes of Wagan.

The team consisted of :

Myself "John" Leader
Tim***Jeep
Vaughan *** Jeep
Thomas ***** Patrol
Michael ***** Jeep

So we met up at the Adnoc station in Wagan with the expert drivers, Chris, Maher, Regis and Kevan who were on a parallel trip to ours. We left quickly for the deflation point a few kilometres further on.

It had been a year since I had been back to Wagan and as a leader, the dunes had changed. It was far from my memories. After a technical start on medium dunes, we started to find high dunes with beautiful bowls and crests. It was fantastic to go from crests to crests, some more difficult than others. We didn't know where to look and which one to do as there were so many possibilities. As night fell we hurried to the meeting point with the convoy of experts.

Vaughan rode very well on his third advance trip, although he had to stop to get his pennant and rear bumper. The same for Tim, my second lead, easy and safe riding. We had a great time, with Michael and Thomas supervising.

We arrived at the meeting point on time and went to a good spot for camping, it was not easy, too much vegetation. Finally we found a nice spot while waiting for the experts.

They arrived a little later and we had a great time, thank you Vaughan for your excellent burgers made on the spot. The night was perfect, good temperature and no wind.

The next morning we decided to give the lead to the experts to get to the star dunes. We started at 7am and Maher took the first lead.
He did very well and found some nice ridges for an hour and a half. After that it was Regi's turn to take us to stars dunes, it was a good lead. We were too late to make it to stars dunes, so Chris took the last lead to get us to the end point.

We had a great time and Wagan is beautiful, next time it will be Al Quaa.
Thank you all for taking part in this trip and sharing this moment of conviviality with the campsite.
Thanks Michael and Thomas for the support.

I hope you all had a great time and wish you a good week and see you on the sand.

John

Dirtdiver
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Advance drive in Wagan 17 and 18 september

Post by Dirtdiver »

Thanks John for organizing this wonderful trip. Thanks for all the support and advice from all the Marshals and experts. Looking forward to the next adventure.

EmDoc
Marshal
Marshal

Post by EmDoc »

Always nice to go to Wagan with its good mix of dune formations. A good time out with great people.

Thanks for organising it John.

Till next time

cmj1388
Explorer
Explorer

Post by cmj1388 »

Thanks John for letting us in and giving the opportunity to lead back…. Yep great company and a good night spent with all of you… It was tricky to locate you guys at night and that was the fun part of it…Thanks to all of you including Reji, Maher and Marshall Kevin to have a nice drive exploring Wagan ..

Until next time ….

VGSears
Explorer
Explorer

Post by VGSears »

Thank you John for a great drive, loved the area and the dunes. Sadly we didnt make the Star dunes, but gives us an excuse for another trip there. Also a big thanks to Michael and Thomas for supporting and also the Maher, Chris and Reggie who took us on an adventure on the second day.

Time for me to find a new bumper and flag pole this week.

See you all on the next trip.

Mytommi
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Mytommi »

This trip felt like a real holiday. Great track, great people. Pleasant night out camping.
Thanks Jean for organising,
Looking forward to Al Qua'a...

Reji
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Reji »

Many thanks John for giving me a chance to lead, especially in the Al Wagon exploration drive. After this trip our confidence level became high. Thanks Michal and Thomas, your presence is always powerful. Chris and Maher were shown their capability in leading the convey. Tim - thanks for shower sharing ( Please note that only two people had a bath before bed). Vaugh - nice burger- Official shef for camping trip.

see you again soon,

Reji