AUH Soft Season Opening ANIT/ Newbie Trips 24 Sep 2022 – Trip Report Convoy No. 2 (ANIT)

All reports about trips and events
irfpk
Marshal
Marshal

AUH Soft Season Opening ANIT/ Newbie Trips 24 Sep 2022 – Trip Report Convoy No. 2 (ANIT)

Post by irfpk »

Thanks Abu Dhabi 4x4 management for organizing this event. There were 4 convoys in ANIT / Newbie group and we were part of Convoy No. 2
We all met at Sweihan BBQ meeting point at 1500. There were few cancellations and no shows. Marshal Sinan and Adiga conducted briefing for ANITs and Ladies (Convoy no. 1). Convoy No. 2 ( ANIT) consists following:
Lead Marshal ( Irfan )
Support Marshals (Scotchy and Sinan)
Expert Support (Reji)
Intermediate ( Rahul)
ANIT ( Scorpi0o, laradale2011, Bigmack, Shanshams, sorisunil, Ashik, Alex)
Convoy formed in sequence and moved at 1600. Thanks Rahul (Int) for very solid second lead. Expert Reji took over the role of sweeper of convoy, keeping an eye from rear and gave guidance to drivers where needed. Marshal Scotchy and Sinan were everywhere guiding drivers to negotiate obstacles and recovering vehicles.
The track was smooth and easy keeping in view ANIITs level. Numerous second tries and 1 stuck but no pop outs. New drivers did well and showed confidence in handling their vehicles. We ended trip in time at 1810 at BBQ pt where we met other AD 4x4 convoys. Thereafter we sat for BBQ/ refreshments /Chit Chat, and some members left early.
Thanks everybody for joining the trip and looking forward to see you in future trips. Special Thanks to supporting Marshals Scotchy, Sinan and Expert Reji.
Trip pictures will be posted by Abu Dhabi 4x4 media team on club facebook page.
I welcome Scorpi0o, laradale2011, Bigmack, Shanshams, sorisunil, Ashik, and Alex for joining first trip (ANIT) with club.

scotchyl
Marshal
Marshal

Re: AUH Soft Season Opening ANIT/ Newbie Trips 24 Sep 2022 – Trip Report Convoy No. 2 (ANIT)

Post by scotchyl »

Thanks irfan for a well picked track and nice variety of driving skills.
All drivers did well and hope to see you all soon.
To answer a few questions I got, yes we try to run newbie drives each week in Abu Dhabi and Dubai and yes having completed your anit you will be given your first star.
If you are unsure on what equipment to but etc please feel free to ask any of the marshals from the club I will leave my number here aswell 0504433851.
Best regards
Focus on the future, that's where your life is going. Focus on the past and you will go nowhere.

Reji
Explorer
Explorer

Re: AUH Soft Season Opening ANIT/ Newbie Trips 24 Sep 2022 – Trip Report Convoy No. 2 (ANIT)

Post by Reji »

It was my nostalgic drive. The first week of December 2020, my first desert drive with marshall Pharavo along with Mr.Irfan's support. During the drive me and my wife were remembering our struggles and stucks in the first drive( ANIT). When we got stuck Mr.Irfan came to me and gave me guidance (the first time I saw there was a diff lock in my car and the purpose of it). I was so proud to serve as a support team member to my ANIT team leaders.

The drive was a nice one! Excellent track. I am sure this track will encourage the Anit to continue fun in the desert.

All drivers did well as beginners. Followed instructions hundred percent. So the drive management was easy