Dxb Sunday Morning Newbie

All reports about trips and events
MustafaHabash
Marshal
Marshal

Dxb Sunday Morning Newbie

Post by MustafaHabash »

All drivers with the final registration were by the shops on time. Tires deflated and briefing done, we hit the sand. The track started off easy and nice, yet lots of second tries and convoy disconnection took place. Therefore, we had a quick break to rearrange convoy order with specific instructions given to the support team, who did an excellent job throughout the trip. Around half an hour and as members started picking up their confidence, my second had a nasty double popout and third tire completely dislocated from its place. After recovering the car to somewhere flat, we managed to lift up the car and fixate the tire in its place. However, one of the popout tires had a different plan for us; valve was completely gone .. we eventually drove the car with the gone tires completely deflated. Member and all other registrants and passengers reached the shops safely by around 13:30.

Many thanks to everyone who helped recover the situation especially Wael and Abo Saif.

Thanks Julia, Marie, and Peter for watching the convoy from the back.

Great driving from the rest of the members; Mazen, Ilia, Afzal, Oswald.

Till next time folks,

Mustafa
Black Mamba

Jock63
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Dxb Sunday Morning Newbie

Post by Jock63 »

Another great drive and this one has an adventure within the adventure. First time I’ve seen an entire “wheel” come off a car. Not a “tyre” the whole wheel 😳.

Mustafa and Wael worked their butts off to get the car in some type of order and we were able to get it back to the shops. Thanks again for all the great drives this year Mustafa. Let’s hope 2023 is as good. Best wishes for the new year to everyone at AD4x4.

Maz
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Maz »

It was my second time joining a newbie drive and being part of AD4x4 Community, and I absolutely enjoyed every moment. Loved the early start take off, desert trail, and one crazy recovery. Looking forward to getting back out. Huge thanks to Mustafa and the hospitality all round 🙌

MustafaHabash
Marshal
Marshal

Post by MustafaHabash »

Jock63 wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:32 pm
Another great drive and this one has an adventure within the adventure. First time I’ve seen an entire “wheel” come off a car. Not a “tyre” the whole wheel 😳.

Mustafa and Wael worked their butts off to get the car in some type of order and we were able to get it back to the shops. Thanks again for all the great drives this year Mustafa. Let’s hope 2023 is as good. Best wishes for the new year to everyone at AD4x4.
Thanks a lot for your joining my trips this year Peter, to many more next year.
Black Mamba

afzal

Post by afzal »

This was just my second drive and I think we all learned a lesson or two today.

Thanks for all the help and support..

See you all again soon.