Mohamed - JK
Tim - JKU
Walid - JKU

Excellent Support
Chrismon - Prado
Rob - Chevy Pickup
Ahmad - Jimny
Thomas - Nissan

All but one of the group met roughly on time, the last member who mistakenly let Google maps show the way to the meet point was directed the wrong side of the dune range :o . After a briefing and arranging where to meet up with our distant driver we set off towards the coordinated rendezvous spot. We in the main group used the time to warm up and practice in the high dunes and technical areas, and after finally meeting up with our errant friend we proceeded towards the larger more open dunes. Unfortunately, before reaching our desired destination, time aided by one passenger's frequent bouts of motion sickness brought the trip to an end.

Last time the issues were mechanical, this time they were human, so next time will be the charm.

It was, nevertheless, an enjoyable trip with a fine group of drivers in a good area.

Thanks to all that joined, don't forget to take motion sickness pills if necessary and see you next time.

Dirtdiver
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Advance in Umm al Oush, Take 2

Post by Dirtdiver »

It was another wonderful trip with wonderful people. Excellent leadership and support. Thanks to everyone for making this another wonderful trip. Looking forward to the next one.

cmj1388
Explorer
Explorer

Post by cmj1388 »

Thanks Michael and all for lovely morning…. Yep that google map ruined my plan 🤗…however it gave a nice opportunity to drive lonely and locate you guys almost 1.30 hours later… though less time drove with the convoy it was a beautiful short drive…

This week dedicated to learn my garmin over lander features đź‘Ť

Thanks to all and see u all soon.

Mytommi
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Mytommi »

As we say in German: " Der Weg ist das Ziel." Meaning the joy is in the journey not the destination. It's always nice to be in the desert with great company. And all the unpredictable events that cross our way are probably the salt in the soup - as long as we get back in one piece and healthy.
This trip was no exception and even if we didn't meet the initial target My passenger and I enjoyed the journey (including camping the night before) a lot and eagerly wait for the next...