DXB - Farewell to 2022 Intermediate with Kayra

All reports about trips and events
Kayra
Marshal
Marshal

DXB - Farewell to 2022 Intermediate with Kayra

Post by Kayra »

All 5 drivers except Avni gathered at 2 Dec cafeteria. Avni called me to report he couldnt wake up. After safety briefing we lined up the convoy as follows:

Engin - Lead
Dharmendra - Second Lead
Lucas
Jalal - Sweeper
Emre - Support

We entered the desert from the gate beside the 2 Dec Cafeteria and started warming up on the high dunes to our right side. We took a short stop at the bottom of the Pink Rock to discuss our warm up session and then climbed on top of the Pink Rock after a brief trial of long climb and descend. We took another short break on top of the Pink Rock and then started driving towards the Big Red.

At this stage of the drive we tried lots of side sloping, small bowl entry-exits and we tested our cars and skills in driving on side slopes at different speeds. Due to the rains during the week, there were a lot of hardened tire tracks which made our journey quite bumpy at times. We had one second try and one self recovery at this stage. We then reached the top of Big Red, had a short break there and crossed the bridge to the Badayer side. We spent the remaining 45 minutes playing on the high dunes of Badayer and ended our drive at 10:00 at the Badayer Shops.

It was difficult to find clean dunes without solid tire marks. My fellow drivers were all very well in controlling their cars. We had few second tries but other than that it was an enjoyable and uneventful drive for me. I hope my fellow drivers felt the same.

Thanks for joining the drive and hope to drive with you again in 2023.

I take this opportunity to wish you and all members and management of our club a healthy, happy and prosperous year in 2023.

Engin
Engin
LC71

mihir6066
Advanced
Advanced

Re: DXB - Farewell to 2022 Intermediate with Kayra

Post by mihir6066 »

Thank you Kayra for having nice tracks 😊

SandSailor
Marshal
Marshal

Re: DXB - Farewell to 2022 Intermediate with Kayra

Post by SandSailor »

Here today gone tomorrow but couldnt leave without joining this fun and exciting trip from Engin and with fellow drivers Dharmendra, Lucas and Jalal. It was a lot of fun following Jalal with his brothers beast as he transformed all the tracks into quagmire with the raw power of the 6.2L 😅. Great track great company and great trip, thank you Engin and all.

Happy new year to all AD4x4 family.

Hope to see you soon again on sand (more likely March-ish)

Emre 🏜⚓️
SandSailor
056 312 2200
Wrangler JKU