Lets camp in Liwa - Newbie trip

All reports about trips and events
JustAhmedo
Marshal
Marshal

Lets camp in Liwa - Newbie trip

Post by JustAhmedo »

Yeah, Newbies in LIWA !
With this great club, nothing is impossible.

Plan is to have a relaxing weekend with no rush. Trip started after work, meeting 4pm at liwa moreeb area. Some of us reach early to secure a good camp spot which we found but it was a little dirty with leftovers trash. With the help of Mr. Wael and his beloved brother Waleed, we cleaned the area and it was suitable to accommodate us all. Few members reached before sunset and set camp with us while others came later in the evening. Some stayed at the camp relaxed after dinner while others went to see the festival, drifting event, crazy people climbing dunes and so on.

Next morning some woke up early and watched the sunrise while others continued dreaming :D
We had late breakfast around 10am, thanks to everyone. Eggs, liver, tomatoes, beans with amazing coffee.
After everyone freshened up, bellies filled and energy is up, we had our detailed briefing explaining every aspect and detail about driving in liwa and extra precautions. We set the convoy order into:

Ahmed - xterra - Lead
Mokhless- Fj - 2nd lead ( Good job brother)
Omar - Xterra
Sarfraz Ali - Xterra
Marshal Pshaha - Jeep - support in between
Alex - pathfinder
Wael - Ram
Malek - Nissan y62 - sweeper (Thanks brother for sweeping)
Marshal Amr - fortuner - floating support
Marshal Khaled - Xterra - floating support
Raad Adiga son - buggy - (going places we cant go)
Chief Marshal Adiga stayed at the camp with some family and kids.

We started warming up slowly at the beginning heading southwest and everyone kept up well.
We headed further inside targeting the 1st long slipface. We had a small briefing explaining how to go down safely and with the help of our beloved marshals, everyone went down a 100m + slipface.
We continued further inside where I saved a spot which had a beautiful view on top. We faced some obstacles and few second tries and finally we reached and took some photos from the top and watching huge mountains of liwa sand. We then went down the 2nd long slipface and while heading back, one of the cars faced a throttle issue. Everyone helped fixing the issue and then marshal Amr drove the car taking it up the dune and we continued our journey back to our camp by 3pm.
We had lunch and few bites and started packing slowly while Chief Adiga ending our trip with his signature kunafa. It was the cherry on top. Thank you kunafa master. As we started packing, we were hit with strong wind and dust which made us pack quickly and end the trip in peace before sunset

I was honored with the drivers in this trip and thankfully we completed a 3 hours Newbie liwa trip with ZERO STUCKS ! Amazing skills from the team and with good support, Nothing Is Impossible. Thank you everyone.

It was a much needed quick getaway trip from the city with different experience.
Thank you everyone for joining and was a pleasure meeting you all. Special thanks to my beloved marshals and seniors for providing the extra support and making the trip start and end smoothly.

Last but not least thanks to Marshal Raul to push me in making this trip but unfortunately he couldn’t make it last minute.
This trip will forever be in my memory as it was my first official newbie trip in liwa.

Until next time.

Just Ahmed.
You can shake the desert sand from my shoes, but not from my soul

Just Ahmedo

mokhless
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Lets camp in Liwa - Newbie trip

Post by mokhless »

dear club members it was a delight to camp with you it was a great fun we all enjoyed the spirit.
as for the drive it was a great experience I learned a lot while having a lot of fun thanks a lot all the marshals and a special thanks for marshal Ahmed for organizing and leading such an amazing trip thanks a lot brother.
hope to see all of you again soon .

strocifer
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by strocifer »

Thank you Ahmed for the organisation of this trip.

I discovered Liwa desert, it's definitely next level. The drive, the hospitality...it was a wonderful experience for me and my friends, and a pleasure to meet you guys.
Hope to see you soon on the sand.

aliad4x4
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by aliad4x4 »

Thanks Marshal Ahmed for organizing such a fantastic trip.
It was one of the best remembered gathering. Everyone in the event, Marshals, Drivers, Passengers were very nice.
Special thanks to Mr. Salah the founder of such a brilliant organizatio who was available to support with his family.

Hope to join some more trips in future including some expolating trips in the beutiful mountains of UAE.