Convoy
**** Dirtdiver
*** VGSears (2nd Lead)
*** Noob2020
*** ameenkvs
*** Dan29
*** jamestaylor (sweeper)

Supported by Marshals: Mytommi, EmDoc, CANTALOUBE

Arabian nights was the area chosen for my first lead. We met on time at the meeting point except one driver who came late.

We deflated and after trip & safety briefing and moved into the tricky dunes North of the gatch road to warm up.
We started heading east and sidecresting the beautiful dunes, the only tracks in the area was the tracks from the intermediate trip Saturday afternoon. After about 40 minutes I changed the direction and started heading west. There was no shortage of small and medium dunes perfect for riding the crest. We took a few breaks and got feedback and instructions from the Marshals. Everyone drove well but the soft sand in the area contributed to a few stucks and a number of second tries.

We finished the trip at 11:00 h on the gatch road.

I really enjoyed the morning with a wonderful group. I am looking forward to my next lead. Thanks Michael, Jean, and Thomas for supporting this trip, James also for being an excellent sweeper and Vaughn for a solid second lead.

Thanks all for joining and supporting the trip and see you soon again in the sand.

Tim

EmDoc
Marshal
Marshal

Re: My First Lead 1/15/2023

Post by EmDoc »

A good first lead lead Tim, an enjoyable track that was well paced to suit the level and mood of the drivers.

Looking forward to more

CANTALOUBE
Marshal
Marshal

Post by CANTALOUBE »

Thank you Tim for organising this trip. It was a great first lead. See you on the sand.

Mytommi
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Mytommi »

Tim did an excellent job, finding a nice track for us and many side crests. He was managing the convoy safely at all times.
Can't wait for the next time...