Go back to Butais. Advance.

All reports about trips and events
CANTALOUBE
Marshal
Marshal

Go back to Butais. Advance.

Post by CANTALOUBE »

Back at BU TAIS, it had been a while. Some experts decided to join the trip, so I decided to make two groups, one expert and one advance.

In the end the advance team was composed of:

1 - Marshal John (Leader)
2 - Suryasingh *** prado (second lead)
5 - Adam *** jeep
6 - Adam *** Prado
7 - Vaughan *** (Sweeper)

Marshals Michael and Thomas as supervisors

Expert group

1 - Shiroy **** FJ
2 - Khaled **** Truck
5 - Tim **** jeep
6 - James **** Pajero

I leave the expert group leader to report after this one.

For our group, after a briefing on the advance driving realized by the three Marshals we left towards Bu Tais Trees.
We drivers didn't have many advance trips so the start was rather calm and the ridges not too high.

After two Pop Out for the same driver, we arrived at the trees to meet the experts, another group was also there and there was starting to be a lot of tracks.

So we decided to leave this busy area and go due east towards areas without tracks.
The area after the trees was beautiful, technical and with great bowls and ridges. We had a great time before heading back to the starting point and preparing the campsite for the evening.

Everyone learned a lot, especially our young advances, you have to anticipate the track and look far ahead to avoid mistakes and pop outs.
Thanks Vaughan for your excellent sweep, you are ready for the next level.
Thank you Suryasingh for your work as a second lead, you have made a lot of progress and finally congratulations Adam, good driving and happy to have led you.

Finally I would like to thank Marshals Michael and Thomas for their valuable work at the back and the important advice during the breaks.

John

Ruttan
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Go back to Butais. Advance.

Post by Ruttan »

That area to the left of the gatch is just perfect for a smooth advance drive. Another great trip, John. We're very lucky to have the three of you to learn from.

Dirtdiver
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Dirtdiver »

Jean thanks for organizing this trip.. It was wonderful to be back in the Bu Tais area.

After Dividing into two groups and agreeing on times to meet the advanced group Roy assigned us a radio channel, convoy order, and safety briefing. Since there was four of us we decided to take turns leading 45 minutes each.

I took the first lead and we headed off to the east of the gatch road in the technical area to warm up. Roy was second lead followed by Khaled, and James as sweeper. We only had a couple of second try's and one radio issue (mine) in the technical area before crossing the Subka and getting into the bigger dunes where Khaled took over the lead.

Ill let each of the leaders post their part of the trip report.

It was a wonderful afternoon followed by a pleasant night camping. Hope to see everyone in the sand again soon.

Tim

VGSears
Explorer
Explorer

Post by VGSears »

Thank you for a great drive John and for the support of Michael and Thomas.it was great going back to bu butais again.

My Jeep clearly didn't like all the sand of the area so it is at Jeep now.

Mytommi
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Mytommi »

Thank you Jean for organizing this enjoyable trip. Very relaxing to sit with you until sunset…

L_T
Explorer
Explorer

Post by L_T »

Thanks Jean for putting this togather

I lead the 2nd and last part of the expert convoy where we met the advance trip.

Everyone did great and it was uneventful
The more i study, the more i know. The more i know, the more i forget. The more i forget, the less i know. So why study?

suryasingh
Advanced
Advanced

Post by suryasingh »

Thanks Jean for organizing a very enjoyable trip, great location, great weather! Was nice to have the added support and guidance from Michael and Thomas. Look forward to a few more with you while you're still here!