Sat 12.8.2023 | ANIT/newbie | Al Khatim

All reports about trips and events
Dirtdiver
Explorer
Explorer

Sat 12.8.2023 | ANIT/newbie | Al Khatim

Post by Dirtdiver »

We all met at the deflation point and split into two convoys but before splitting Rob and I gave the newbie safety briefing under Kevin’s supervision, while Marshal Osama briefed the only ANIT Driver.
Marshal Petro and expert Mr Magoo took half the drivers and Marshal Osama and myself took the ANIT and the rest of the drivers.
Convoy
**** Dirtdiver (lead)
** Bitto (2nd Lead)
* kdsouza
* Whatever
* ghiasg
* Nemo1986
*** Marcolino333 (sweeper)

Supported by Marshal: Osama

After splitting the convoy, I assigned the radio frequency and convoy order. Marshal Osama gave a few final words to us then we lined up. After lining up and conducting a radio check I took the convoy on a north westerly rout.

It was extremely windy, but the temperature was pleasant, keep in mind that we had one ANIT and several inexperienced drivers I kept things slow and looked for a few small crests for us to warm up on.
The sand was a little soft and the crest was sharp. We had several second attempts and a couple of stucks getting over the sharp straight crest, after an hour of driving we stopped for a break and advise from Marshal Osama.
We continued after the break in the direction of Al Khatim water tanks. We had heard the tanks were fenced off and we can now confirm they are. We were quickly running out of time, so we made our way beside the gatch road enjoying the last couple of dunes before ending our trip on time back on the Gatch road.

It was an enjoyable morning with a wonderful group. I am looking forward to seeing all of you back in the sand soon. Thanks, Osama, for organizing and supporting this trip. Thanks, Marcolino333 also for sweeping and Bitto for second lead.

Thanks Rob and Kevin for assistance and guidance during the safety briefing.

Thanks all for joining and supporting the trip and see you soon again in the sand.

Tim

ghiasg
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: Sat 12.8.2023 | ANIT/newbie | Al Khatim

Post by ghiasg »

Thanks Tim we had a good time.

Marcolino333
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Marcolino333 »

Tks, everyone for organising/joining this trip it was a nice come back in sand 🏜️🏜️

ossme
Marshal
Marshal

Post by ossme »

Great lead by TIM as usual. The track was well selected and managing the time was perfect. 👍

Thank you, everyone, for joining the trip, you all showed great progress, and I hope to see you all soon.

Thank you Macro and Bitto for the support. Marco, it was nice to see you again. 😁

Last but not least, Special thanks to Petro, Rob, and Tim for joining and supporting the trip. We could have never organized this trip without you guys. 👍
Proud to be Ad4x4 Marshal. :)