Sun - Aug 20 - Al Faya - Cool Newbies (Fewbies Convoy)

All reports about trips and events
Mhamidi001
Explorer
Explorer

Sun - Aug 20 - Al Faya - Cool Newbies (Fewbies Convoy)

Post by Mhamidi001 »

This was a nice morning trip in Alfaya trip was planned from 6:00 to 9:00am by Zak and Mikkel to end before the summer heat.
The Group met at 6:00 as planned. Considering the number of drivers, we split into two convoys: a)ANIT convoy (looked after By Zak and Mikkel) and b) fewbies convoy with the more experienced drivers (looked after by me and James).
Mikkel (Redbreard) RAN the ANIT and safety briefing and the convoys were Split.

James and I alternated on the lead and sweep positions of the fewbies convoy that had the following members (in convoy order):
Moustafa -2nd lead
Clinton (ClintonF)
Firoz (learner)
Farhan (Kane)

J James lead the first leg, guiding the convoy North-East to an evolving track, allow the team to familiarize with the terrain. I led the second half of the trip maintaining direction and then turning toward flat land for the last ten minutes concluding at the starting point.
Sand was soft in some a few spots resulting in a few stucks and recoveries. We practiced straight crests, Crest decent and snatch recovery.
Effective communication and cooperation characterized the group. Notably Moustafa (2d lead) adjusted the track based on lead instruction.
All drivers did a great job and returned safely.

Looking forward to meet all the team next time.

Dirtdiver
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Sun - Aug 20 - Al Faya - Cool Newbies (Fewbies Convoy)

Post by Dirtdiver »

Sounds like a fun trip. Wish I could have made it. Hope to see everyone in the sand soon.

Octopus
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Octopus »

Big thanks to you both. It would have been a very long convoy. Well done on taking the members. I hope all enjoyed.

Redbeard
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Redbeard »

Thanks Maher and James for taking the fewbies, glad to see you had a good and safe trip :)

learner
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by learner »

Thanks Maher and James for making us comfortable all along the route and I noticed that each if the marshal at Ad4X4 is highly safety consicous for all the members of the convoy they lead. It was fun being with you and thank you for the feedbacks on our driving.

jamestaylor
Explorer
Explorer

Post by jamestaylor »

Thanks Maher for posting an excellent trip report. Just adding that it was a great learning experience leading newbie level through a slightly technical area, everyone did really well and we made it back to the deflation point on time.

Thanks Zak for giving us the opportunity to lead, see you all in the sand soon.