Split Lead Advance

All reports about trips and events
Dirtdiver
Explorer
Explorer

Split Lead Advance

Post by Dirtdiver »

Thanks to Marshal Michael for posting this trip and supporting us. This trip was posted as an advanced trip for me and Vaughn to split the lead. It ended up with only two advanced, four expert drivers. The convoy order and radio channel had been established and passed to everyone along with the meeting point through the WhatsApp group. We all met at the designated meet point (just south of the Subka near Bu Tais star dunes). A short safety briefing was given by Vaughn and me while Michale ensured we covered everything needed.
Convoy order:
**** Vaughn JLU Lead/sweep
**** Tim 4runner Lead/Sweep
**** James 4runner Lead/support
**** Maher JK Lead/Support
*** Andrei FJ 2nd lead
*** Gerhard JK
***** Marshal Michale JK Support/Mentor to all!!!!

Vaughn took us to the star dunes where we quickly arrived at and started side cresting some nice sized dunes. After playing a while we swapped leads and let James and me have our turns leading then Maher took the last lead stopping at a nice area with high crest where we climbed and shaved the tops off all of the crest in sight. Time was close to 930 and the heat was rising so he led everyone back to the inflation point by 10am. We had a few second tries and three stuck vehicles. Four different leads with four different leading styles, this was a wonderful was to start the weekend.

Thanks to everyone for a wonderful morning. Thanks, Marshal Michael, for supporting us.

I am also thankful that the people that had to cancel let us know so we weren't waiting or looking for them this morning. I hope the sick get well and everyone gets their situations resolved soon.

See everyone again in the sand soon.

Tim

VGSears
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Split Lead Advance

Post by VGSears »

Thank you Michael for the Trip post and Tim for supporting on this drive with lead and sweep as well. Great group of drivers and we dived straight into the action from the meeting point to star dune.

Thanks Tim for getting us in the direction of Bu Tais trees and Jamie and Maher to getting us to the trees and back to the gatch.

Lots of fun and lots of sand in our cars for those who kept windows open.

EmDoc
Marshal
Marshal

Post by EmDoc »

Four leads, four styles. All leads choose good tracks at the right level for the convoy. Looking forward to more trips like this. A great way to enjoy a morning in the sand.

Till next time

CANTALOUBE
Marshal
Marshal

Post by CANTALOUBE »

Hello everyone,
It's a pleasure to read about your trips, I've been and always will be keeping a close eye on them. Stars dunes is a long way from where I am now, so keep up the good work and enjoy yourself.

Dirtdiver
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Dirtdiver »

Jean I kept looking for you and Thomas to come riding the crest down to us. Both of you are missed. Looking forward to seeing you again in Feb. Enjoy your travels and stay safe.