Post by Dirtdiver »

Convoy
**** cmj1388 (Part lead/sweeper)
*** Dirtdiver (Part lead/sweeper)
*** glennyphilip
*** Ruttan
*** dreamerEtS

Supported by Marshals: Borja, EmDoc and experts VGsears and Mr Magoo

We all arrived on time and deflated. I gave the safety briefing and assigned the radio channel. We decided to have a rotating 2nd lead so when you had a 2nd try you moved to the back of the convoy in front of the sweeper. All three advanced drivers got a chance to be 2nd lead. Our goal was to reach Sweihan road and inflate there.

Chris took first lead and got all of us warmed up before attacking the crest of Khazna. It was a beautiful morning driving east into the sun and shaving the crest off the dunes. At the end of the Khazna area I took over lead and guided us east to the bowls where we all had additional fun playing. After leaving death bowl Chris took back over the lead and guided us safely to the Sweihan west inflation point. We did have some second and third attempts and a few stuck vehicles (no advanced driver got stuck). Everyone was all smiles as logbooks was signed and tires inflated.
The advanced drivers did a great job as they improved their skills. I always learn something every time in the desert and this time was no different. Leading is fun but can be a bit challenging sometimes like when the sun is overhead blends everything together.

I really enjoyed the morning with a wonderful group. I am looking forward to my next adventure in the sand.
Thanks Michael, Borja, Rob and Vaughn for supporting this trip. Thanks, Chris, for allowing me part lead.

Tim

cmj1388
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Khazna playtime

Post by cmj1388 »

Thanks all who joined to make yet another memorable morning in desert…. Thanks Marshall’s Michael and Borja for the support …. Same with our expert members on there support …Advance members did very well as usual and enjoyed leading and following them… Thanks Tim for all the support and leading us through a great Track ….. see u all again next time 👍

EmDoc
Marshal
Marshal

Post by EmDoc »

Thanks Chris and Tim for a fine and enjoyable outing with great leads from both of you across the dunes from Khazna to Sweihan. The drive was well managed and put smiles on the faces of all who joined. More trips like this please.

Till next time

Ruttan
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Ruttan »

Great leading from Chris and Tim, everyone played safe and drove well. Chris, you made some enjoyable videos, really appreciate those.

See you on the sand

Mr Magoo
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Mr Magoo »

Thanks guys. Well chosen tracks for the drivers made a very enjoyable morning outing.
See you soon.
Rob.