Sweihan Smooth Sailing (ADV)

All reports about trips and events
SandSailor
Marshal
Marshal

Sweihan Smooth Sailing (ADV)

Post by SandSailor »

It was a beautiful Saturday morning although a bit humid. The fog had dissipated when we all met at deflation point and after the briefing we hit the Sweihan dunes on time as planned…

Convoy order:

SandSailor (Lead)
Ozzy (2nd Lead - Explorer)
mokhless (Advance)
Hachem82 (Advance)
Kayra (Sweeper - Marshal)

The higher dunes at the start is a great playing ground and although there were tracks from previous convoys it was a lot of fun. We ran them multiple times, from different sides, in different combos as the double, triple and multiple switches were what everyone was looking forward to…

We played at M.Ali (good run at the top as a convoy) and headed for Nagrah were I had the first stuck of the day on the way (thanks Mokhless for the recovery) at a crest, and then Mohkless the second (and last) at a side slope (thanks Engin for the recovery). His steering was forced and created a bit of a problem but with the help of Bassam it started working properly again so we decided to continue. After reaching, we did ran and conquered Nagrah multiple times (no other convoy was on sight to our luck), Engin and Ozgur also took turns for different runs of the mighty dune testing their cars and then we rest at the shade of the trees for chit chat.

Fast exit and inflated at the shade of the tunnel but Mokhless’ steering pump gave up completely at inflation point so required proper repairs.

It was great convoy with very capable drivers and I hope all had as much fun as I had. It was especially entertaining to lead 4 Yotas with my Jeep 😉. Only two stucks and another couple of self recoveries. The weather was very nice at the start but still gets hot (at least to my taste) after 8-8:30.

Felt good to fly the Ad4x4 flag after a while and be on the sand for smooth SandSailing. Hope to see u again on sand soon…

Emre (SandSailor)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SandSailor
056 312 2200
Wrangler JKU

Ozzy
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Sweihan Smooth Sailing (ADV)

Post by Ozzy »

Emre led an enjoyable advanced-level drive tackling the high dunes of Sweihan at a good tempo. It was a safe drive with an element of adrenaline, which is what Emre calls "Smooth Sailing." The two advanced-level drivers, Bassem and Mokhless, did an excellent job keeping up. And Engin stayed at the back to watch over the convoy and test his new suspensions. Overall, it was a really good convoy and a really fun drive.

Hachem82
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Hachem82 »

I had great time on this enjoyable amazing trip on the weekend, very nice track been taken and i enjoyed the company. Looking forward for your next trip!!!

mokhless
Advanced
Advanced

Post by mokhless »

I enjoyed the trip so much even after my steering wheel pump gave up I went home with a smile on my face.
the track was well picked combined challenging and fun part and the company was amazing can't wait for another trip

Kayra
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Kayra »

Thanks Emre for arranging this beautiful drive at the high dunes of Sweihan. It was a very good opportunity to test my new shocks.
All things considered, I think the only unfortunate event was the breakdown of Mukhless' hydraulic steering pump, which happened when he got stuck on the side slope and tried to self recover himself. Exact same thing has happened to me before.

I think the level of the drive was very well set for the skills of the drivers behind you.

Thanks to Ozzy to be my private cameraman during my test runs to climb the Nagrah dune.

Always a pleasure to drive with you.
Engin
LC71