New Explorers in town; Intermediate 04 November 2023

All reports about trips and events
Reji
Explorer
Explorer

New Explorers in town; Intermediate 04 November 2023

Post by Reji »

On the way from Sweihan roundabout to the BBQ point exit, there was heavy rain with thunder. We thought the trip was not possible and there would be many cancellations. But falsifying the calculations, the BBQ point area was not rained. In fact, there was a light dust storm when we reached there and so passionate offroaders reached and started deflating. Out of the total registered members, only one was not present. After the safety briefing, split into two convoys based on their trip count. I took the convoy with a lower trip count compared to the second one taken by Shanib (explorer). Here given below is the convoy 1 trip report.  SHANIB will make the second convoy trip report.  

Convoy order;
Reji Mathew -  Lead)
Nandakumar Varrier ( Second Lead)
Travels
Yassin 
Benjamin Laughlin
Dave Green
Karamjeet Singh - Sweeper 

The convoy moved around 2.45 p.m. On the warm-up drive we practiced one by one on the small side slopes many times because we had two new intermediates. Then we moved to the other side of the gatch road towards Nagra.  After giving confidence to the first-timers we increased the level slowly. Since the area was previously rained on, the sand was like a regular road surface. Even though we took extra care, Nagra had heavy traffic when we reached. It is better to avoid Nagra on a Saturday afternoon. By 5.50 the convoy successfully returned to BBQ point. All drivers did well and followed the instructions.

Thanks to Explorer Shanib for joining this trip and agreeing to take one convoy. Thus we could accommodate all the waiting list. Thank you Nandakumar and Singh for the excellent second lead and sweeper support.  

See you next time 

Reji 0505311285
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

varriernanda
Advanced
Advanced

Re: New Explorers in town; Intermediate 04 November 2023

Post by varriernanda »

Enjoyed The Track & The Drive Reji Bhai. Looking Forward Many More.

Whatever
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: New Explorers in town; Intermediate 04 November 2023

Post by Whatever »

Thank you Reji for leading us on my first intermediate trip. I appreciated the support from the whole convoy, especially Karamjeet keeping me on the right track at the back. Looking forward to more trips.