AUH Intermediate Sweihan Gate 12 to Al Yahar, 18 Nov 2023

All reports about trips and events
Reji
Explorer
Explorer

AUH Intermediate Sweihan Gate 12 to Al Yahar, 18 Nov 2023

Post by Reji »

It was my first lead exploration trip. I had driven before two times with Marshall Hadi Mohammed this location. During that time I had marked coordinates. That was very helpful to complete the trip successfully.

All, except one reached before reporting time.One driver was ten minutes late. After the safety briefing the convoy moved started at 2.30pm.

Convoy order as follows:

Reji Mathew - Explorer ( Lead)
Farhan Abid - Advance ( Second Lead)
Edu Marcato - Intermediate
Sunaif Povval - Intermediate ( Part Sweeper)
Nandakumar Warrier - Advance ( Sweeper)
Shajumon Pulakkal - Explorer ( floating support)

Taking the advantages of the experience of the drivers the level of the warm up drives were increased. It was also to ensure that all drivers had the ability to navigate the old lady dunes exploration drive. After crossing the gatch road we moved south east side. There we got bigger bowls and dunes, we played little time there. Mean time few vehicles and buggies were came and start playing there. For safety concern we slowly moved from there toward old lady dunes. Before reaching the destination we had around two three kilometer technical dunes. Without any issue we crossed that technical dunes and reached Old lady dunes before 5 pm. The entire area was terrible with tracks due to after rain effect. Before sun set we moved from there and reached exit round about tar road. We have covered total 40 kilometer. After one and a half hour drive one of the vehicle had technical problem and he return back. There were no stuck and few second tries. All drivers did very well.

Many thanks Shaju for your support and guideline, Farhan - solid second lead and Nanda, excellent sweeper as usual.

See you next time.

Reji
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sunaif POVVAL
Advanced
Advanced

Re: AUH Intermediate Sweihan Gate 12 to Al Yahar, 18 Nov 2023

Post by Sunaif POVVAL »

Thank you for the trip it was new experience for long drive I enjoyed the drive and thanks nadan bro for the support 👍

edumarcato
Advanced
Advanced

Post by edumarcato »

Many thanks Reji for organising this trip - great idea to cover a different area of the sweihan desert and let us pay our respects to the old lady :)

The pace of the trip was very good, and we covered about 39.2km fairly quickly yet the pace wasn’t tiring all.

Everyone was very sociable and friendly, and as usual there was plenty of great advice from more senior drivers than me - I really had a great time.

Looking forwards to join you in another drive.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

varriernanda
Advanced
Advanced

Post by varriernanda »

Most Awaiting Old Lady Trip Was Thrilling. Looking Forward Many More

Ayfas
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Ayfas »

Thank you Reji Bhai for arranging this trip. It was a wonderful experience. The track was excellent and all drove very well. Thank you all for an amazing evening and drive. Expecting more exploration trips from you Reji Bhai.
Regards

Shajumon.
Ayfas - Offroader. A proud AD4x4 Member.

kane
Advanced
Advanced

Post by kane »

It was a much needed trip after a hectic week. Enjoyed the well chosen track. Looking forward to more such drives.