UAE National Day Newbie Saturday PM - Convoy 1

All reports about trips and events
shiroy
Marshal
Marshal

UAE National Day Newbie Saturday PM - Convoy 1

Post by shiroy »

We all met at the deflation point at 2PM. All were on time and we started the briefing at 2:15. We had the pleasure of having Extra support from Marshal Irfan, Marshal Adiga and Marshal Kamran. In addition to that we all had extra support from Explorer Dan. As there was 18 of us we divided into 2 convoys. The more experienced Newbies with more than 5 Drives went with Marshal Irfan, Marshal Adiga and Explorer Dan in Convoy 2. The less experienced ones with less than 5 drives came with myself and Marshal Kamran in Convoy 1.

Convoy Order was as follows:

**** Roy - FJ - Lead
* Tabrez - FJ - 2nd Lead
* William - Wrangler
* Mahmoud - VTC
* Rafeek - Xterra
* Suresh - LC200
* Raza - Xterra
* Mohamad - Wrangler
* Motasem - Tundra - Sweeper

***** Marshal Kamran - Xterra

Once the convoy was set we drove down the gatch for a while crossed the flat stretch and started on the smaller dunes om the West side of the road heading towards Sweihan. We straight crested a lot and had multiple second and third attempts. In addition there were a few stucks and a few recoveries. As there were recoveries at multiple points of the day there were sufficient breaks for all. So we only took one proper break in the middle. Once we got towards Sweihan side we decided to make our way back to the deflation point. We chose a route to head back through the big dunes and work out way through them. Everyone drove really well in this area and showed good control of their cars. There were no incidents to report. All was fine. It was a fun day to be in the sand. The scenery was great and the weather was amazing!!

I would like to add that this area of Nahil Sweihan was untouched and had fresh dunes to crest on in most areas. There were a few dunes that were used but overall this area is amazing and not busy at all. It was a great area for the newbies to drive in without being bombarded with other convoys coming at us from all angles.

Thank you so much Marshal Kamran for supporting me in this drive. :gym:

Thank you Marshal Kamran, Marshal Adiga and Explorer Dan for supporting and taking the second convoy.

Look forward to seeing you all in the sand sometime soon. Until next time... Adios :bye2:

irfpk
Marshal
Marshal

Re: UAE National Day Newbie Saturday PM - Convoy 1

Post by irfpk »

Thanks Shiroy for organizing and leading Newbies trip. It was indeed pleasure to see many new faces in club.
Convoy 2: A total of 9 cars in my Convoy, all drove well and consolidated newbie level skills. As usual few stucks and numerous second tries which were handled by support team.
Thanks Marshal Adiga, Pshasha and Dan for supporting.
Thanks Vipiul ( Int) for doing the job of second lead and changing track when required.
Looking forward to see you all in future trips.