Khazna Afternoon drive - Convoy 2

All reports about trips and events
shiroy
Marshal
Marshal

Khazna Afternoon drive - Convoy 2

Post by shiroy »

We all met at the deflation point. Everyone was on time. The briefing was done and it was decided that they would be two convoys. Convoy number 1 was led by Tim and convoy number 2 was led by myself. Tim would take the less experience intermediate drivers while I would take the more experienced intermediate drivers. Convoy order was as follows:

**** Roy - FJ - Lead
** Edu - wrangler - 2nd Lead
** Firoz - Xterra
** Steven - Ram
** Dion - Xterra
*** Ahmed - pathfinder
*** Ahmad - fortuner - sweeper

We started off nice and slowly. We found a few big dunes right at the beginning where we practiced our site sloping in turns one at a time. As everyone was driving well and had good control of their cars we decided to increase the level and go higher on the bigger dunes.

During the drive we took multiple breaks and upon reaching the larger size dunes many of the intermediate drivers attempted them several times so as to quench the thirst and truly experience a memorable day in the sand in the great barren open land. With the exception of a lot of bushes in the area it was a great place to be driving and all of us had a great time. As some of the dunes were quite big they were multiple attempts as and when they wanted to continue playing on these dunes. Towards the end of the drive we came back to the big dunes close to the gatch and attempted to push ourselves for one last time before we excited.

Everyone drove really well and showed good control of the cars. There were no incidence to report. All and all we had a good time.

Thank you to both the advanced level drivers (Ahmad & Ahmed) that showed up and supported us in this intermediate level drive. It was a pleasure to have both of you all as support.

Thank you Tim for posting this drive. It was a pleasure seeing you after a while.

See you all in the sand next time. Adios...

edumarcato
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Khazna Afternoon drive - Convoy 2

Post by edumarcato »

Thanks Shiroy and Tim for organising, this drive was certainly the highlight of the holiday for me.

Always a pleasure to drive with you folks!

Sarab
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Sarab »

Thank you shiroy ,
i really enjoyed the trip ,

Dirtdiver
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Dirtdiver »

Thanks, Roy, for leading the second convoy, with your help we were able to accommodate everyone that signed up. Hopefully we can do many more drives together soon.