10DEC23 Easy Advance Nahel Sunday AM

All reports about trips and events
Redbeard
Explorer
Explorer

10DEC23 Easy Advance Nahel Sunday AM

Post by Redbeard »

Plan was to keep this as a small convoy, with one cancellation the day before and one late addition we ended up with a total of 6 cars in convoy.

Drivers (in no particular order):
Mikkel
Andrei
Art
Glenn Philip
Mohamed Ameen
Nandakumar (this was his 101st trip with AD4x4!)

Cars arrives on time, we left deflation to explore the dunes west of the gatch going through Nahel. As the drivers were all quite experienced, we started off at a decent Adv. level pace, doing some switches and some big side slopes.
We then started staying on the crests longer and longer, hunting down all the biggest/longests crests we could and staying on them for as long as we could. This did result in a few stucks, so we got to practice adv. recovery techniques.

We did a photo shoot where we lined up by colors - 2xOrange, 2xBlack, 2xwhite cars. We then attempted a second photo shoot where we wanted to place all the cars on a crest, but the crest we had selected for this was a bit difficult to get on, so we ended up abandoning that attempt and heading back to inflation.

A very nice trip, thank you to all the drivers but especially Andrei for second leading and Nandakumar for excellent job as sweeper.

Trip pictures and track:
Last edited by Redbeard on Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Noob2020
Advanced
Advanced

Re: 10DEC23 Easy Advance Nahel Sunday AM

Post by Noob2020 »

Thank you for letting me join even I asked at the last moment. It was a good drive, we saw some beautiful dunes and I enjoyed our long crests. Looking forward to join your convoys again!
Future marshal :hiii:

varriernanda
Advanced
Advanced

Post by varriernanda »

Enjoyed the track nd the ride. Look forward many more.

dreamerEtS
Advanced
Advanced

Post by dreamerEtS »

It was nice trip and nice track!