Back to Sweihan (ADV)

All reports about trips and events
SandSailor
Marshal
Marshal

Back to Sweihan (ADV)

Post by SandSailor »

We met at Sweihan Gate 12 around 7:20 for todays smooth sandsailing drive. Omar was a bit late so we decided to warm up while waiting for him and after the briefing/setting the convoy order, we hit the Sweihan dunes around 7:40

Convoy order:

SandSailor (Lead - Emre)
dreamerEtS (2nd Lead - Andrei)
Peter_C (Peter)
Hammerhead (Omar)
AAA (Sweeper - Ahmad)

Warmup was at the high dunes close to the gate, SandSailor style. Several runs each way to get used to the drive style and multiple switches at higher dunes. It was smooth with no stucks and just one 2nd try as I had the pleasure of having a small but very capable team. Omar joined around 8:15 and we continued our journey towards Nagrah.

The rest of the trip was also uneventful with no stucks, few 2nd tries and good flow. With time everyone felt more comfortable, Omar dusting off his rust, Peter getting familiar with his new manual Kapsula. Andrei and Ahmad getting the flow. It put a bit off a pressure on me to lead 2 powerful FJs and 2 VTCs all with very capable drivers, but I responded with some more challenging learning experiences (😉) which the team responded very well. We did make some runs multiple times to get more experience on power/speed combination, whats needed where and when, approach angle in some tricky cases and despite the heavy tracks all around Sweihan I trust we all had good time. Unfortunately it is almost as bad as Badayer now and tracks impacting driveability in some cases pushing you out or just the opposite making your job much easier as driving on a bumpy railway track.

Multiple breaks with good chit chat among ourselves and also at Nagrah with some other offroaders from other convoys, which is something we all enjoy everytime. We did conquer Nagrah with Andrei and then the team tried the straight climb from the side (well done Peter!) and finished the drive around 11:00, taking the fast way exit.

It was almost the first drive I had with most of the team. Many thanks for the flowless 2nd lead Andrei, a very capable driver, good control of his FJ not letting me go alone anywhere, maladyets 😉, Peter is getting used to his manual Kapsula and figuring out the mighty power he has so I trust you enjoyed the challenges we tried today. Every drive you will feel more comfi and however lets try and do some of the mods we discussed. It was great to see Omar after a long while and glad to see some things never change. Ahmad, Sukran brother for the great sweeping today and I am looking forward to many other drives together.

Hope you all enjoyed as much as I did and see u soon again on anther episode of SandSailing…

Emre (🏜️⚓️)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SandSailor
056 312 2200
Wrangler JKU

AAA
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Back to Sweihan (ADV)

Post by AAA »

Thanks Emre for the fun drive!
Really enjoyed the flow and the challenges
See you soon insha Allah for more drives

Hammerhead
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Hammerhead »

Thanks Emre for ur planning and leading the drive, was a good rust remover, as good as WD40 😁 … always a pleasure to drive with both familiar and new faces for me from AD4x4 family.

The drive was smooth, as Emre mentioned lots of tracks that made me less eager to push on higher dunes because of the bumpiness that kills both the engine and the fun, but still got to enjoy some nice switches on short dunes.

Learned some info about Nissans and got to see how they drive different than Yotas and Jeeps
Omar Ali
+971526711164
FJ Cruiser

dreamerEtS
Advanced
Advanced

Post by dreamerEtS »

Thx Emre, very nice trip. See you on the sand! Спасибо;)