Bu Tais Afternoon ADV Drive

All reports about trips and events
Dirtdiver
Explorer
Explorer

Bu Tais Afternoon ADV Drive

Post by Dirtdiver »

We all arrived early to the deflation point and after deflating, briefing, convoy order and radio frequency we took started driving down the gatch towards tree dune.

Convoy:
Dirtdiver **** Lead
Varriernanda *** 2nd Lead
ameenkvs***
Tarikamani***
davorindd***
Bassem*** Sweeper

At the end of the Gatch we went in a south westerly direction warming up in the medium technical dunes. It had been a while since a couple of the drivers had been out driving in the sand, so we did a nice warmup while I determined the level the drive was going to be. everyone was doing excellent controlling their vehicles and we turned east and started heading to the bigger dunes. Once reaching the tree dunes we came across another group that was having some difficulties. We assisted them and provided them with water, after ensuring they had contacted someone to come help, had calmed down, cooled off, and everything was under control we continued our journey east. we played around side sloping and side cresting in the beautiful sands only Bu Tais has to offer. We did see lots of tracks around the tree dune but the farther away we got the less tracks we saw. We had a few second attempts, one stuck, and I had a tire puncture (repaired on the spot). At 4:30 pm I led us to the subka and back up the gatch arriving at the inflation point on time.

I would like to thank all that joined, I hadn't driven with you guys in a while, and it was nice seeing everyone again. Thanks, Nanda, for an excellent 2nd lead and Bassem for a solid sweeping job. Looking forward to seeing everyone back in the sand soon.

Tim

varriernanda
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Bu Tais Afternoon ADV Drive

Post by varriernanda »

Back to Bu Tais after a while. Very well chosen track. Enjoyed the drive.