Saturday Morning Newbies (DXB)

All reports about trips and events
SandSailor
Marshal
Marshal

Saturday Morning Newbies (DXB)

Post by SandSailor »

We met at Dec 2 cafeteria around 8:30. Only one no show hence we were 9 cars. After the briefing/setting the convoy order, we hit the dunes around 8:45

Convoy order:

SandSailor (Lead - Emre)
mihir6066 (2nd Lead - Dharmendra)
Ignas
Eddyaljed (Eddy)
RST (Rustam)
Sfaraj (Salman)
Fuzuli (Canalp)
Rob_W(Sweeper - Robert)
Kayra (Floating Support - Marshal Engin)

Warmup was before the Pink Rock, rather slow but steady where we all got used to our cars and started getting ready for the rest of the trip. We climbed Pink Rock for the real break. We were lucky that there was not much traffic but tracks everywhere.

Second part of the trip was between Pink Rock and Big Red where we picked up the pace and achieved steady flow at a good speed. Everyone kept up. We practiced straight cresting, decends, climbs and side sloping but managed to get to the top of all mid sized dunes in between without a problem. A couple of climbing runs at Pink Rock and we finished at shops around 11:00.

It was an uneventful trip with no stucks, few 2nd tries and good flow. With time everyone felt more comfortable. Ignas got much more comfortable after the warm up and kept good pace with good spacing. Salman still getting used to his new xterra but well aware how capable that car is. Rustem handled his LC very well though the turbodiesel might not be as powerful as it is supposed to be, keep getting used to it. Eddy and Canalp clearly experienced drivers waiting for the time to upgrade. It was great to see Rob after a long while as he dusted off his rust pretty quick, thanks for the sweep. Dharmendra great at 2.Lead and thanks for the support. Last but not the least, thanks Engin for the accompany and keeping an eye on the convoy.

Hope you all enjoyed as much as I did and see u soon again on anther episode of SandSailing…

Emre (🏜️⚓️)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SandSailor
056 312 2200
Wrangler JKU

Kayra
Marshal
Marshal

Re: Saturday Morning Newbies (DXB)

Post by Kayra »

Great choice of tracks Emre. It was a very enjoyable drive for me. I agree that Eddy and Fuzuli are ready for the next level. It was great to see Rob after a long time.

Your briefing was also very comprehensive. I say you are long overdue to get the orange shirt.
Engin
LC71

Eddyaljed
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: Saturday Morning Newbies (DXB)

Post by Eddyaljed »

Thank you Marshal Emre and Marshal Engin for today, it was nice trip, great choice of tracks smooth in the beginning and the level was increased in the end.

See you again soon on the sand

Eddy