Sunday Cruising (convoy2)

All reports about trips and events
Dirtdiver
Explorer
Explorer

Sunday Cruising (convoy2)

Post by Dirtdiver »

Thanks, Zak, for organizing the trip and giving me the opportunity to lead one of the convoys.

We all met at the deflation point on time and deflated. Zak gave a safety briefing to everyone and decided to divide the group into two convoys since we had two marshals and two explorers. I agreed to lead convoy2 with the support of Marshal SINAN.

After we split the group, I assigned convoy order, radio frequency, and restated some of the safety instructions Zak had already briefed.

Convoy:
Dirtdiver**** Lead
ghiasg** 2nd Lead (great job)
Raza110*
Alshaer*
nabilhanif*
Ignas* sweeper (excellent job sweeping)

SINAN out of convoy support

The sand was soft, and it made the trip very interesting. Shortly after entering the sand, we encountered our first stuck vehicle, but this would not be the last one by far. Stuck vehicles and 2nd attempts were the theme for our convoy. one of the drivers told me he enjoyed all the straight crest after the drive was finished and I said we only did two however we did drive off several crest. Our convoy was made up of drivers on their second to seventh newbie drive so the difficulties was expected. I kept the level low but kept testing the skills of the newer drivers.

It was an enjoyable afternoon. Thanks, Marshal SINAN, for supporting me on this drive. Thanks, ghiasg for a solid 2nd lead and all the photos.
Thanks, Ignas for keeping me informed on the convoy. Excellent sweeping. It was entertaining watching the SWB Pajero pulling out the Ram.

Hope to see everyone in the sand again soon.

Regards,
Tim

ghiasg
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: Sunday Cruising (convoy2)

Post by ghiasg »

Many thanks Zak, Tim, Sinan, Ignas.
It was nice meeting up mentors and new faces. Rizeen was a very good experience and ending the drive on a beautifull dune having some snacks with the team.
Stay blessed 🙌 😇 and stay happy.

Octopus
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Octopus »

Thanks for supporting and taking the 2nd convoy Tim. Sounds like you all had some recovery fun.

ignas
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by ignas »

Thank you for the great trip, I really learned a lot on this trip and indeed pulling out the Ram was fun! Looking forward to the next one!