DXB - Farewell to 2023

All reports about trips and events
Kayra
Marshal
Marshal

DXB - Farewell to 2023

Post by Kayra »

All drivers started gathering at the 2 Dec Cafeteria from 08:00 onwards. We had three no shows. After the safety briefing, we started the drive of 13 vehicles in the below convoy order:

Engin (Lead)
Canalp (2nd Lead)
Bashar
Salman
Darulaman
Ignas
Mohssen
Eddy
Osman
Avni
Mahmoud
Rob
John (Sweeper)

We did our usual warm up in the low dunes of the 2 Dec area and tried few straight crests. Then we did the crossing to the other side of Pink Rock and climbed to the usual break point and took a break there for about 15 mins. We then did a nice flow on the relatively less spoiled low dunes on the way to Badayer interchange. We had two stucks resulting with self recovery and two second tries. Apart from these it was an uneventful drive.

Canalp did very well as my second lead. John was also great as the sweeper. Sometimes he exchanged the role with Rob, for his son to take the pictures of the convoy.

Eddy, Canalp and Mohssen are clearly above Newbie level drivers and I encouraged them to apply for their upgrades.
Salman, Ignas, Osman and Darulaman are showing good progress.
I drove with Bashar, Mohssen and Mahmoud for the first time and they did well in tackling the relatively easy route I have selected for the comfort of the passengers in the convoy.

It was nice to meet with desert driving enthusiasts for my last drive of the year.
I hope to continue driving with you all in the New Year.
Happy New year to all members of the Club!
Engin
LC71

Eddyaljed
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: DXB - Farewell to 2023

Post by Eddyaljed »

Amazing trip for the end of the year, fun and smooth.

Happy new year and see you soon on the sand

Eddy Aljed

FUZULI
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by FUZULI »

It was a great trip. Thank you so much.

BasharS
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by BasharS »

Was a very fun trip. Thank you Engin, I learned a lot today!

Abu Makram
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Abu Makram »

It was a great day with you guys. We rapped up the year 2023 with amazing people and wonderful team. Thank you Engin for the comment.. I'm honored by your uplifting words. Waiting for your next year trips and activities.. I would like to thank all the marshals Said Buldozer, Mustafa, Sinan, Tariq, Engin and all amazing leads.. keep going AD4×4Club.. I wish you all a happy new year 🎊🎉