Learning Intermediate @ Butais (convoy 2)

All reports about trips and events
Dirtdiver
Explorer
Explorer

Learning Intermediate @ Butais (convoy 2)

Post by Dirtdiver »

Thanks, Chris, for organizing this trip and Marshal EmDoc for your support.

We all meet on time and deflated on this foggy morning. Chris and I gave the safety briefing then split into two convoys. I took the more experienced drivers while Chris and Marshal EmDoc took the newer drivers.

Convoy
Tim**** 4runner Lead
Volodymyer** 4runner 2nd lead
Firoz**Xterra
Daniel**Prado Sweeper

We drove down the gatch waiting on the fog to lift until we arrived at lower Bu Tais then entered the dunes. We started warming up heading east side sloping on the small and medium dunes then we reached our first nice dune where everyone took turns practicing their side sloping skills. Then continued east where the dunes got bigger, and we played on every side slope. We were having so much fun we lost track of time. We had planned on meeting the other convoy at the tree dune, so we headed in that direction. Once we arrived at the tree dune, we didn't see the other convoy, so we played a while before making our way back to the inflation point. We had a few second attempts and stuck vehicles, but everyone had fun. The vehicle control improved throughout the trip. Thanks, Volodymyr and Daniel for excellent 2nd lead and sweeping.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in the sand again soon.

Tim

vpuiul
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Learning Intermediate @ Butais (convoy 2)

Post by vpuiul »

Thank you for the experience to be 2nd lead. Personally I got a lot of fun on the bowls.
Wait for next time to visit places like that.