pm Intermediate + in Bu tais (min 6 trips) convoy 2

All reports about trips and events
Dirtdiver
Explorer
Explorer

pm Intermediate + in Bu tais (min 6 trips) convoy 2

Post by Dirtdiver »

Thanks, Marshal EmDoc for putting this trip together and giving me the opportunity to lead one of the convoys.

After a nice morning trip and lunch, we were ready for the afternoon trip. Due to the number of vehicles Marshal Michal split the convoy and I took the smaller vehicles while he took the larger ones. Once split we did our individual briefings. Since we had played all morning in lower Bu Tais, we decide to play in upper Bu Tais for the afternoon trip.

Convoy:
Dirtdiver****4Runner Lead
Benn1969**Rubicon 2nd lead
Maxsalvato**Xterra
strocifer**FJ
SALT84**JK
vipinmpd08***JK Sweeper

We started warming up in a technical part of upper Bu Tais and experienced a few second tries and stuck vehicles. The dunes opened up proving a nice sweeping track where we could practice our side sloping. After an hour or so we meet up with the other convoy for a break and chat. Upper Bu Tais provided the opportunity to practice side sloping on some nice dunes and bowls. It was a lovey afternoon and perfect weather. Everyone had a great time discovering upper Bu Tais. Thanks, John for a solid 2nd lead and Vipindas for an excellent job sweeping.

We did have one vehicle lose power steering and another had a fender snap off both at the end of the trip.

Thanks again Michal and Thanks to everyone for coming out this afternoon.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again soon.

Tim

strocifer
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: pm Intermediate + in Bu tais (min 6 trips) convoy 2

Post by strocifer »

It was a nice drive, we covered a good distance with few interruptions, if we except the 'stuck incidents' for me and Max at the beginning :D
The first part was more challenging with some technical parts and I definitely gained experience driving there.
Thank you again for the organization, and see you soon on the sand.
Alex

PS. I discovered a small puncture in my front tire the next morning. These small bushes have no mercy!